10%
21 15%
15%
31 23%
15+%
36 26%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 3
i dont believe in it, i used to but mr pink convinced me otherwise. what about you guys?
Last edited by deathbat831 at May 1, 2008,
Quote by daytripper75
15% minimum, unless the service is absolutely terrible.

you are an asshole for not tipping.

I agree.

I usually tip around 15%, but not exactly.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by deathbat831
what? they get a paycheck

actually most of their money comes from tips

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by deathbat831

Their salary is actually very low. The majority of what they make comes from tips.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by deathbat831
they dont make a living wage on their paycheck alone. to actually be able to live off of waitressing, they need tips.

just double the tax.
I have no opinion on this matter.
they get much lower wages because they can be tipped. DUH. tipped employees have a much lower minimum wage for a reason. i tip 15% or more unless it's bad service. one time this lady actually broke the rules so i would end up paying less. some stupid thing dealing with a full rack of ribs instead of a half. i tipped her about 75% to show my appreciation. but that kinda thing's pretty rare.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by metal4life592
Their salary is actually very low. The majority of what they make comes from tips.

exactly why they should have gotten an education and a better job
Quote by deathbat831

they get payed like half of the regular minimum wage, at the most. which is nothing. there is a reason they raised the minimum wage recently.

my sister was a waitress for a few months, and a typical paycheck was maybe $100 maximum, and usually less than that. if you are trying to support yourself, that is not nearly enough money.

most of her wages came from tips.
Most waiters/waitresses make less then minimum wage, so I tip well.

Usually 20%
Even at sonic : P.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I actually work in a resteraunt, and servers usually get paid about 2.50 an hour. When you factor in their tips, they usually get paychecks of around 5 dollars because of taxes. It's disgusting that assholes like yourself don't tip, that's how they make money. When you come in and don't tip you are wasting their time. Anyway, I usually tip around 20 percent.
Quote by deathbat831

No, you don't get it. Their pay is low because they get tips. If they had a normal wage like everyone else, they'd make a ton of money with tips. So by not tipping them, you're in a way taking away part of their salary (so to speak).
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by deathbat831

you dont know them. you pass a blanket judgment on everyone in a profession as lazy. they work damn hard.
Quote by deathbat831

except that it can be a fairly decent job, as long as people tip you. thats the idea.
Quote by Zach_F
Most waiters/waitresses make less then minimum wage

whoever is working for less than minimum wage is stupid and whoever is employing them is doing something illegal (if it's an established business)
i agree alot with Mr.Pink like TS said. However I do tip but its always 4 dollars. I never go over and if im completely unsatisfied with the service, like sometimes the waiters are complete dicks i will leave a dollar. 98% of the time I leave 4 dollars. The whole "they dont get paid alot" thing really irritates me. Tho it is true they dont make much, they can get another job. Most people who look to waitering do it so they dont have to work a real job and they know that people sympothize with their low salary. Same as a bar tender. What I liked about what Mr.Pink said and ive always thought this, how come you only tip certain people? like you dont tip the burger flipper at Mcdonalds but you tip the waiter at Dennys. I understand if its a bunch of people and alot of food, but for 2 or 3 people to sit down and eat i dont think they should give an extra 15% just because thats what im told to give them.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by deathbat831

a lot of people working in restaurants are people looking to get money to pay for school. If you don't tip them, how are they going to make any money to get a better education?

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by rockabilly1955
whoever is working for less than minimum wage is stupid and whoever is employing them is doing something illegal (if it's an established business)
they make more than minimum wage with tips.
Quote by deathbat831

Most waiters/waitresses do not consider it a career, most of them are going through school, and waiting is an easy enough job to find, at a decent wage. Are you truly that ingnorant ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by rockabilly1955

there is a separate wage level for waiters/waitresses. they have their own minimum wage level.

Quote by rebeltildeth87
Most people who look to waitering do it so they dont have to work a real job and they know that people sympothize with their low salary. Same as a bar tender.

you dont consider it a real job? are you joking? most waiters/waitresses i know work extremely hard. i dont see how you can say it isnt a real job. i know i wouldnt be able to deal with all the assholes you meet on a regular basis doing a job like that.
Last edited by daytripper75 at May 1, 2008,
tipped employees actually have a lower minimum wage. but yes they do make good money if the tipping is good.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Zugunruhe
they make more than minimum wage with tips.

Here in Cali its $8 minimum, regardless. There are some states that lower the per hour rate though.
Quote by rebeltildeth87
What I liked about what Mr.Pink said and ive always thought this, how come you only tip certain people? like you dont tip the burger flipper at Mcdonalds but you tip the waiter at Dennys. I understand if its a bunch of people and alot of food, but for 2 or 3 people to sit down and eat i dont think they should give an extra 15% just because thats what im told to give them.

people in fast food make minimum wage. waitresses make less than minimum wage. is that really so hard for you to understand?
I've given out fivers alot for 10 dollar meals lol.

They love me at the local places.
ಥ_ಥ
When I do tip, I leave a good amount. Especially now that I myself get tips at my own job. It just seems that if you're going to be nice, why be nit picky or precise about it? It almost defeats the purpose of being nice.

Whenever I don't tip its when I forget or when I am only able to afford the meal itself. Pretty much everywhere I ate when I was in my band lol. I never ever had money.
We're only strays.
Quote by arsonite
I've given out fivers alot for 10 dollar meals lol.

They love me at the local places.

Yah but thats because your from Montreal (I'm guessing). I go to school there, love the people.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Tipping isn't as common in the UK, and service staff get a decent minimum wage, but it is considered good manners to leave 10% or so if the service was good.

I don't see why I should give them tips for poor service though. They do get paid a wage, and tips are a reward for good service, if you're getting some moody impatient asshole then they get nothing off of me.
15%, the service has to be absolutely horrid for me to just not not tip at all. but it also depends on where i am...like if i walk up to the bar, and order a pitcher, i'm not giving someone a tip for taking on the monumental task of pouring beer into a big jug and handing it to me.

I've actually had bartenders gripe about not getting a tip for that. it annoys me. i'll tip a waiter/waitress, who walks up and takes my order and brings me whatever i order. there doing actual work.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by deathbat831

lets say they did get a better education and all that....

who will do their work?

i will not have those dirty (insert here a race you hate) serve me food
Quote by freedoms_stain

I don't see why I should give them tips for poor service though. They do get paid a wage, and tips are a reward for good service, if you're getting some moody impatient asshole then they get nothing off of me.

i agree with that, and i think most other people would too.

im not going to leave a nice tip if the service was terrible. thats pretty standard i think.

thats their incentive to do a good job.
Quote by slap-a-bass
lets say they did get a better education and all that....

who will do their work?

i will not have those dirty Cylons serve me food

fixed.
Quote by rockabilly1955
Here in Cali its $8 minimum, regardless. There are some states that lower the per hour rate though.

You don't understand. It's a lower wage than 8 an hours BECAUSE they get tipped also.
Quote by daytripper75

you dont consider it a real job? are you joking? most waiters/waitresses i know work extremely hard. i dont see how you can say it isnt a real job. i know i wouldnt be able to deal with all the assholes you meet on a regular basis doing a job like that.

i shouldnt have said that, because I know it can be a hard job. The thing that really gets me about the tipping thing is when they say 15% is what you should tip. why? why should i automatically tip 15% or any %? Like I said i always tip, but I dont think it should be automatic like that. Lets say your out with a party of 8. you goto Olive Garden. The waiter is slow, rude, messes up the orders, and only gives refills maybe once. The party is not only suppose to cover the meal + tax, but an automatic 15% is added to the paycheck. I dont think thats right. and about the tipping a waiter and not a burger flipper, that burger flipper has cooked the food. He deserves something extra just as much as the waiter. You say waiters dont get paid enough? well i sympothise, I really do, but thats not my problem as a customer. As a customer im there to eat not to pay peoples bills or get them through school. Thats a reason I dont wait on tables. and I know I sound like a dick to alot of you, I just dont get it. Like I said i always leave 4 dollars unless the service is unbearable.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
In USA 15% is the minimum tip I usually give if the service sucks. I go between 20 and 25%. Places like Applebees or Chili's 20ish. Outback and Texas Roadhouse I tip between 25-30 because a good steak makes me :-). Also I know a few waitressess and they make 2.15$ an hour (less then half of minimum wage), if the restraunts paid them more, food would be more expensive so either way you will end up paying, might as well put it straight into a college kids wallet or somebody who is trying to earn a living.

That thing about getting a better job is non-sense though at a nice restraunt in my town, waitresses and waiters can make 150-200 a night doing a few hours of work. Not bad for a job that doesn't take a ton of schooling and has flexible hours.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by freedoms_stain
Tipping isn't as common in the UK, and service staff get a decent minimum wage, but it is considered good manners to leave 10% or so if the service was good.

Yeah but what if they're just having a horrible day and don't care anymore and just want to go home? Surely a big tip would help them cheer up and serve the next customers better.
We're only strays.
Page 1 of 3