So, About a week ago I ordered an Avatar custom cab, honestly, I expected it to be good, but I underestimated it tenfold.

So I'll start with the service.

Avatars website is extremely easy to navigate, Its got the Bass and guitar cabs divided into neat categories. They've got 3 different types of guitar cabs, The Vintage, The traditional (Mine) and the Contemporary. Within those, Several models. The special, The custom, and the premium. Available in 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 1x10, 2x10, and 4x10 with any choice of Celestion, Eminence or their own Hellatone speakers. They offer choices in Speakers, easily sorted into 3 price groups, as well as choices in Tolex Color, Grill color, and on the Premium A piping color.

Hellatone speakers are Vintage thirty's, or gh212's that have been worn in by magnetic vibration to sound a little more rounded and less harsh, Than they slap a label on them.

I called, and they picked up immediately. I was able to place a credit card order, over the phone, in less then 5 minutes. The salesman was extremely helpful when it came to details and options.

Price.
You're definetly not going to beat their prices, even in non custom cabs. 350 dollars for a Custom 2x12 with the same high end speakers that 1000 dollar marshall and Buddha cabs use is the bargain from heaven, Not to mention Avatar cut absolutely no corners in the construction. Any guitarist in need of a little sound enforcement can get an industry standard 2x12 with vintage thirties in red, black or orange for right around 300$.

Quality.
I rushed home from classes today, going absolutely nuts about seeing and hearing this thing. I'd been looking for an eye catching cab, so naturally avatars Bright blue, and it is absolutely bright, is pretty much a dream amp. The tolex is even, grill is immaculate, and the speakers themselves are installed perfectly. It has no hum, no fuzz, no harsh breakups or crackles, and links to another cab for easy daisy chaining. I was able to get mine with anodized black hardware, so its got non of the typical black flaking characteristic to painted metals. Its surprisingly light for an amp of its size. Light enough I can carry it up the stairs one handed, and easily position it on stage.

Sound.
This is where I was really the most surprised. I was really just expecting a lot of volume for my money, but am pleased to say its got tone for miles. The vintage thirties have a massive mid and low end, that really fills up a room and sings out over a drumset, where my combo amp itself has a more shrill high end sound, so when combined, its golden. When practicing with the band, I typically have to crank the amp to halfway to be heard over the drummer, and as the rythym guitarist, I need to be heard. Today at practice, I was able to keep it on three and clearly hear myself.
This thing projects like no other amp, and nearly none of the sound is leaking anywhere.

All in all, Avatar is ****ing brilliant.
I dont work for them, and this may be an innapropriate place for this commentary, but more people really should know they dont need to by a 1960a to get that badass rock/metal sound.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by T!AN
Excellent review, but it should probably go in GG&A...

Ah...oh...

Well.
thanks.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."