Hey I've noticed for a while that the high E on my guitar (crappy Squier Strat) can't be heard very well when plugged in to an amp. You can hear it fine acoustically but when plugged in it seems way lower volume than the other strings. This sucks for obvious reasons, but especially sucks because I'm practicing some songs with chord progressions where the high E is either the only changing note or the most important one, so with it's quiet volume it just sounds like I'm playing some kind of monotone chord progression.

My question: are high E's normally quieter than the other strings when amplified? Am I just imagining this because I'm a beginner? Or is there something else that's causing this?
Last edited by BrettBrimmer at May 1, 2008,
I have this problem with one of my guitars, ive never figured out what it is. I replaced the nut, the saddle and filled the bridge springs with tissues, nothing worked.

This was a floyd rose too
Is it possible for you raise just the pickup pole for the high e string? I had a strat copy that did, but I'm not sure about squiers...
Hmm are you talking about the little metal poles sticking out of the pickups? I see the four center poles are up and the outside poles that correspond to the E strings are down. Do I like unscrew them and push the pickup pole up or what lol I don't know much about this. Is this something thats not easily fixed?
You should just be able to raise the pole with a screwdriver if it's threaded for it (not all are). The closer it gets, the louder that string should be hypothetically.
^^ no what he means is the screws on each side of the pickup, there are 2 of them.

now just raise the one on the right.
Oh I see it tilts up and down. Crazy! Well that'll help for now until I get a new guitar. Thanks guys!
Quote by xdeathxcorex
^^ no what he means is the screws on each side of the pickup, there are 2 of them.

now just raise the one on the right.

Actually some pickups let you adjust the magnetic poles individually, but that works too...
Quote by T!AN
Actually some pickups let you adjust the magnetic poles individually, but that works too...

oh really?

i didnt know that.

learn something new every day...
Quote by xdeathxcorex
oh really?

i didnt know that.

learn something new every day...

You really didnt?
Look at the humbucker on this strat (its mine)

See the screws on the bucker?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H