hey guys,
on my strat, my low E saddle is as far back as it can go but its a says its a little sharp on the tuner (some where around 10 - 15 cents). Any suggestions on ways to fix it
PS action is reasonably low
1) Can you hear the difference?
2) How old are your strings?
is your bridge lifted? if so, start with a level bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Intonation is tricky to set up. The nut could be a factor, as well as the saddle, and the strings themselves, which is why it's common to adjust intonation after every string change.
It could be the strings themselves, since there has been known to be some strings that just won't intonate, but It's hard to be sure. Also, unless you haven't had problems before, I have heard of some guitars that just won't intonate on the dot. In that case, I think very tiny differences wouldn't be too much of a problem.
is it true that intonation can fix itseff sometimes??? ihad a d string that was flat always by about 7 cents at 12th fret but somehow it fixed itself
Quote by striker327
^ +1 i think this one is un fixable

haha ok, or you could answer the question.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Acquiescence
is it true that intonation can fix itseff sometimes??? ihad a d string that was flat always by about 7 cents at 12th fret but somehow it fixed itself

possibly... maybe with diff string brands and gauges... also prob take a bit for your guitar to settle after string change
ok sometimes if you change the angle of the neck(and relief) or the bridge you can get more wiggle room at the saddle.

in addition if you swap out the string, you can most definately try again intonating. i think this was said up there, but sone strings are just not wound correctly out of the package.

so, in ur case, if you want more space between nut and saddle, you would need to make sure the neck is as straight as possible. the bridge is flat (as you said) and that the action is as low as you can get it (as you said.)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

nah i didn't say action is as low as i can get it, its about right for me, not to low not to high roughly around 2mmon high e... I just got my guitar back from tech for installing a pup, so I reckon he also fell across the prob and thought it was no prob
well it's a strat right? take a tiny allen wrench. raise the two pegs on that saddle, that will lower that saddle. (even if just a tiny bit)

then try again to intonate.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

nah i rather just leave it because action is perfect and i dont wanna muck anything up. Thanx for your help though