how do you warp your neck.

i understand that when you take off the strings for an extended period of time the neck's shape changes

but how long does that take

what would i do with the strings when i change the pickguard on my guitar?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

it wont make a difference if you leave the strings off your guitar for an a few hours.. if you leave it for a day then maybe
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
bump

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

if you restring with the same gauge and make sure that you level the bridge again afterwards, the strat should seem about the same when you're done with the guard.

but there's never any gaurantee. if you feel good about it, just go for it, and if you cant get the action the same, then repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've had to leave them with no strings for several days while doing major repairs and gluing, usually no problems. Removing the strings long enough to change a pickguard should be no problem at all, as JJ said just make sure the bridge is re-leveled correctly and you should be ok. The neck should change very little if at all. While you have it opened up, clean any dust out (a camera or makeup brush works well) and put the tip of a toothpick in along with a drop of wood glue to tighten any loose screws. Also a good time to give the switch, volume and tone pots a squirt of contact cleaner and check the solder joints.

If you plan to reuse the same strings, (if they aren't several months old that might be ok) you can put a strip of velcro on each end before removing them to hold them all in place, leave them in the bridge and they should swing out of the way while you work on it. The same works for acoustics.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
If you are leaving your guitar unstrung for a while (more than a week) it is best to relieve the truss rod tension by a quarter turn. High humidity and poor wood selection are the greatest contributors to severe warpage. A minute or two under water will probably do the trick.