and the neck hit the edge of a cabinet. its mostly fine as far as i can see.. no cosmetic damage.

when i was playing it later i found the string above the 4th fret of the A string was flattened so i bent the string away and found there was an indent on the fret where the string flattend against, and the main force of the blow probably landed.

so i changed the strings, and now when i play that fret i get bad fret buzz because the string is lower and in the indent.

is there a cheap way to fix this? or will i need a new fret

i have an epiphone les paul custom.
Sorry to hear that bro. I would take it to a shop and get them too look at it and set it up for you, they may be able to fix it with more ease.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
it might be about $20 for a fret redress. and buy a better stand.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's worth the money to buy a high quality stand.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
howd it get knocked overr? were you pushing it?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
replace the fret. changing the strings wont work.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
you might be able to raise that specific string off the nut. the same thing happened to me except the weight of the guitar when it fell over went onto the nut and pushed the string slightly into the plastic. so i took off the string and used a really small piece of paper to raise it just slightly so that fret buzz was at a minimum. its still a tiny bit there, but with no real sacrifice in sound or action. you can "colour" in the piece of paper with some graphite to reduce friction 2..

i know it sounds a bit silly, but its worth a shot if it means you dont have to get it refretted, especially since its quite a nice guitar.
Quote by HEXAGRAM66
I Said Ha Ha

and i said your'e a di ck

but seriously bro that sucks hard.. im really sorry to hear that
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by jj1565

+1

Other things to consider would be a wallhanger or even better, a hardshell case to put the guitar back in when you're not playing.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i have my guitar facing into the room next to my bed, without thinking, i pulled my mattress out to make my bed and knocked the guitar (still in the stand) over. so its my own fault *sigh* im going to take it to the local guitar shop see what they can do.