I'll probably buy a Fender Telecaster this year, most likely the Vintage '52 or American Deluxe model. The only thing that bothers me is that teles only have one volume and one tone pot. I thought I'd replace those with 'split' pots, so that I'd have basically two volume and two tone controls.

Does anyone know what potis I should get and how much they cost?
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 1, 2008,
You want to change the potis? Well I think you will need a plumber for that one...
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
By the way, they're called Pots, not potis.

Anyway, if the guitar has single coils get 250K pots and if the guitar has humbuckers get 500K pots. I think you should get another volume, that can be pretty handy. If I were you I'd replace the tone pot with another volume instead but that's just a suggestion.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Anyway, if the guitar has single coils get 250K pots and if the guitar has humbuckers get 500K pots. I think you should get another volume, that can be pretty handy. If I were you I'd replace the tone pot with another volume instead but that's just a suggestion.

Thanks, I've thought about that, too. I'll see if I have any use for the tone pot. If not, it's going to be replaced.

Can anyone recommend me any brands? I don't feel like installing crappy electronics in a guitar that expensive.
Theres a model of tele that comes with 4 knobs dont know which one but it has 2 humbuckers in it.
I recommend just trying to learn to use the two knobs first. Thousands of tele players successfully use and prefer it this way.