Well I just had a thought. that the internet just compiles over itself. why does profiles I have on my school wedsite still work after 7 years or old myspace pages or goddamn friendster profiles. I think that sites should let you put expiration dates on whole profiles if not just blogs or pictures. I don't want to apply for a job 10 years later and have my boss find any of my online profiles....

I think the internet need expiration dates
thing just need to go away after time without me having to scrub the internet clean of my exsystence .
you agree with me right
As long as you're not an arsehole on the internet why would it matter?

Got something to hide? Are you a secret internet arsehole?
If a future employer finds out the stuff I've written on people's UG profiles I'm either not going to get a job in the nearest future, or I'm getting a sexy invite.

I'd like to wing it and see how it goes
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at May 1, 2008,
that what i'm worried about. you can remember all you emails or password forever
i seriously doubt they'll search all your old emails and usernames, unless you're called "myxer" in real life.

also, lots of sites do delete you after a certain period of inactivity.

also, if you write your CV like you wrote the first post of this thread, i doubt they'll feel the need to bother searching for you on the internet.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
People are building extensive records about themselves without thinking about the long term consequences. Many people are not aware that the information on the Internet lasts forever and that once something is online it is cached and be can be archived permanently. Privacy is definitely a major concern, you have to be careful about what kind of information is tied to you and how accessible it is.
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I sell or buy something on Craigslist I always look up the persons name on google and the name of my city so I can see who these people are.

When I was selling one of my guitars I google'd this lady's name and found out she is the leader of some underground woman's wrestling league. At first I found this kind of pleasing until I found her myspace and a picture of her. :S

Another funny one I found was some guy offering guitar lessons, I looked him up and found out that he wrote to the local newspaper a lot and every article was about how he was afraid of clowns.