I use a Flextone II 100w, & was wanting either a Marshall Mg100 Half, Vox ADVT100 Half, or Crate GLX2000 hlaf..and most people on UG said my flextone pwned all those so im thinking of just getting a new guitar instead...

either a Schecter Tempest Custom or C-1/Tempest Hellraiser

im assuming the Tempest Custom would be more versatile w/ the Duncan Designed than the EMGs of the Hellraiser correct?
get a new amp, the nnew guitar wont change ur tone, ur amp will and make sure its not a MG amp
yeah your amp does pwn them
go for the c1 hellraiser its an amazing guitar
Yes your flextone (even though it is line 6) is better than all the amps you suggested. Whether the tempest is better than the hellraiser is really in the eye of the beholder. Give them both ago and see what you like, which fits you better?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by jcp42877
I use a Flextone II 100w, & was wanting either a Marshall Mg100 Half, Vox ADVT100 Half, or Crate GLX2000 hlaf..and most people on UG said my flextone pwned all those so im thinking of just getting a new guitar instead...

either a Schecter Tempest Custom or C-1/Tempest Hellraiser

im assuming the Tempest Custom would be more versatile w/ the Duncan Designed than the EMGs of the Hellraiser correct?

You should play around with your amp alot. Maybe get an equalizer.
A new guitar will probably do something, because pickups does play an important role.

But I think your amp is nice. And be sure not to get the MG if you decide on a new amp. Wich I wouldn't :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
ok...yeah, i just wanted to schecter because they are more of the hardcore/metal type guitars and even though pinch harmonics, etc. can be done on all guitars..i just thought the Schecter were built better for them..but i just want one for the heavier stuff i play because my epi LP can handle the other genres..my friend also has a c-1 + and i love the way it plays
If you're looking for a different tone (or just to simply have a better tone than what you currently have), then you want to upgrade your amp. An amp will make a much more substantial change in your tone in comparison with a guitar. Seeing the guitars you're looking at, you should have more than enough money for a decent tube amp. As far as for which tube amp, it depends on the genres you like to play.

If tone is NOT a major issue for you and you're satisfied with your amp already, THEN I'd look towards getting another guitar. If I understand correctly (I could be wrong, as I've never used the Flextone), your amp is solid state, so I would gravitate more towards passive pickups. Whether or not active EMGs through a solid state amp sound good or not is open to debate, but I don't think you can get the full potential of EMGs without a tube amp.

Best thing to do is:

If you're going amp shopping: Take your current guitar to a shop and test out new amps. Peavey Valvekings, Classics, B-52s, and other tube amps in your price range.

If you go guitar shopping: Take your amp to the shop and test out the guitars you're looking to get with your amp.

Reason for taking your own stuff with you (unless they have them already at the store) is to get an accurate idea of what things will sound like when you get them home. So you don't take a Hellraiser home after playing it through a 6505 at the store and wonder why it sounds completely different on your amp.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Out of those guitars I'd say the Hellraiser, I'm not a fan of the tempests.
maybe a good cab is a good alternative to getting better sound but not buying a new amp
I'd go for the Hellraiser. If you don't want active pickups though have a look at the C-1 BlackJack, comes with Seymour Duncan(not Duncan Designed) JB and '59 pickups.

An amp will make more of a difference, but if you want to get an amp, I would get a fairly nice amp(MGs and the others you mentioned would just be a waste of money for a half stack IMHO), the only downside is that a nice amp can be very expensive.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Everything that's been said about the amp is correct, and good advice.

That said, the Schecter Tempest Custom is an absolutely great guitar. Especially once you switch out the pickups for better SD's.
Quote by Delanoir
Everything that's been said about the amp is correct, and good advice.

That said, the Schecter Tempest Custom is an absolutely great guitar. Especially once you switch out the pickups for better SD's.

Any suggestions for SD's for it?
Personally Id Pick SD Alnico Pro II (n) and (b) for the tone I'd like.
Would the guitar and pro II's suit stuff from Gn'R, The Hives/Strokes, Foo Fighters etc?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Don't get a new amp, especially the MG. The Vox is nice, but still a downgrade from the Flextone II.

If you want the C-1 shape though with passive pups instead of the EMGs, go for a C-1 Classic or Blackjack.