So, I have looked around a bit, or actually a lot, and looked at Esp, Ibanez, and Gibson and decided against them for various reasons, and I'm sure that I'm going to buy a Fender American Standard Stratocaster as that seem to be a very good guitar for me. I like the feel of Strats over any other guitars (the most important) and it seem to be a quality guitar that I will still play in ten years time (that, I can not say about my Epi). The only thing is that the HSS-version doesn't come in olympic white, maybe I'll buy the SSS one and put a humbucker in it or just buy the HSS in black. I really want it in white, though.

So, that was the guitar, but do you think I should buy a new amp too? I really like the Vox Valetronix I have now, but do you know any good tube-combo that's not too expensive and is around 30 W (I would like one that will not break after a couple of years and is reliable, in that case)? (Pricerange is maybe around $400, or maybe a little more, I'm using the money I have saved up for a moped (is it called that in English???) to buy a guitar as I think that is a much better way for me to spend the money.) The guitar is more important right now, so don't say that I should put $1000 on the amp and $400 on the guitar instead.

I like how the sound on the Vox I have now is, very good clean and decent distiortion and would not like the other way around, even if I mostly play with distortion, I don't use so much of it. I don't know how to explain what sound I want.

Thanks everyone here, you have been helpful every time I needed help and I don't think you will disappoint me now either.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
If you like it and can afford it, get it. I would suggest spending more money an the amp then the guitar because an awesome guitar wont sound its best through a cheaper amp while a decent guitar would sound pretty good through a higher end amp. Go for a tube combo.

EDIT:your amp seems fine. grab the guitar
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
I would suggest that if you are going to gig, get a new amp, if you arent then guitar...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
The amp is fine. Granted you can get a way better tube amp, but I'd save up before doing so, as you'll probably want to settle for a higher end tube amp anyway, so buying a cheap one now seems like a waste of money.

About the strat: If I was you, I'd get the SSS Strat and put a single sized humbucker in the bridge. It doesn't sound exactly like a humbucker, but it is a lot bassier and sounds more aggressive than a single coil. My instructor has a Strat with such a thing and sounds amazing with it (and he plays through a Vox AD100VT).
I would go with the SSS version and put a humbucker in it, since painting the guitar white is such a big job...
And when putting in a new humbucker you can have more choice in sound,
Also your amp is just fine for practicing on, I would either save that money or use it for the best quality pickups you want...
And when you say for "a moped" I think you mean the english expression
The money I saved for a rainy day :P

Anyways good luck in choosing the guitar thats just right for you
Thanks for the advice, I think I will just buy the guitar now and save and buy a high-end amp when I need it more than I do now. Now, it's just how I'm going to do with the guitar left to decide, buy a SSS Strat in OW and mod it, or just buy a HSS Strat in black or blizzard pearl or something. I will have to look at the colors first as pics doesn't do any guitar justice.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I have that amp and i think it is Perfect for everything bar gigging..I also moved up to a Fender Tele72 from an Epiphone SG custom and the improvement is amazing
Damien Rice === Legend