Why are "valve" cabs more expensive than the ones that come with SS heads?

Like if you had a SS halfstack couldn't you just buy a tube head or would you need a cab made for tube heads too?
Quote by selkies
the speakers in valve cabs probly handle more power

+1

Since tube wattage =/= ss wattage the cabs need to have better speakers and also need to be voiced differently in order to get the true sound of the tubes
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
in reality you can use any head/ cab combination that you wanted to as long as you match the ohms and have a cab that can handle the power coming from the head. The valve cabs you are talking about are most likely make out of better materials and have better speakers. The cheaper cabs are usually made out of MDF and the more expensive ones are made out of high quality birch plywood. Cheaper cabs are gonna come with cheaper speakers and expensive cabs will come with better speakers such as V30s or something similar.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
watts are watts.. speakers are rated RMS, they don't rate speakers according to tube/ss amps.
my guess is, SS are usually more budget oriented (read: cheap), so their 'matching' cab is also budget oriented = cheaper speakers/materials/construction.

so if a cab is rated for X watts, it'll work for either SS or tube that puts out X (or less) watts.
that been said - if it sounds good, get it.
Quote by ValoRhoads
+1

Since tube wattage =/= ss wattage the cabs need to have better speakers and also need to be voiced differently in order to get the true sound of the tubes

Untrue, It's just that generally, they will put more expensive speakers into cabs that are designed for expensive amps
Quote by static86
in reality you can use any head/ cab combination that you wanted to as long as you match the ohms and have a cab that can handle the power coming from the head. The valve cabs you are talking about are most likely make out of better materials and have better speakers. The cheaper cabs are usually made out of MDF and the more expensive ones are made out of high quality birch plywood. Cheaper cabs are gonna come with cheaper speakers and expensive cabs will come with better speakers such as V30s or something similar.

+1
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Horlicks
Untrue, It's just that generally, they will put more expensive speakers into cabs that are designed for expensive amps

+1.

Don't cheap out on a cab.