I have a fender starcaster, and a squier 10 watt amp that got a 4/10 on ug. I want to get a better amp first, then get a new guitar.

I play classic rock, rock, megadeth type stuff, and a little bit of modern rock.

Is this a good amp for those things?
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
It is if you want a hybrid amp....a tube and then a computer chip for built in effects. personally, as i mentioned last night, i've been down that path and would suggest an all tube amp.

;

the digital processors come before the tube in the valvetronix circuit. the processed signal is sent through a low-voltage 12ax7 tube, which is normally used as a preamp tube, to the solid-state poweramp stage. the 12ax7 acts as a dummy-poweramp to smooth out the digital signal.

i think you could get a full tube combo for $280 but i can't really help much there because i don't know much about US prices
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at May 1, 2008,
^yep

sorry i wasn't getting specifc with the order. most solid state chip effects come first in preamp. great description Blompcube.

there are some valvetronix lovers here too, so you need to take their comments as well.

you can also use the Search bar obviously.

;
it nails classic rock, but it wont do megadeth.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.