Midi and Wav are completely different things. Midi is not a sound of any kind, in short, its a sequence of triggers that are played by the Midi part of your soundcard.

Some sort of conversion thing might exist, but it's probably not free.
There was this little app called SynthFont that played and rendered MIDIs with any soundfonts of your choice (and the one that came with it was pretty decent, at least better than MS SW Synth). Or you could use the trial versions of many programs, for example Fruity Loops, to do that.
you might try wave lab. you can get the lite version free i think... it might do it
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
I used to steal legos from my friend. He always had the coolest pieces.
Quote by I am Samuel
Midi and Wav are completely different things. Midi is not a sound of any kind, in short, its a sequence of triggers that are played by the Midi part of your soundcard.

I know what MIDI is...
you could import it into ableton as a track then export the whole project as a wav file.
you will need to have the midi instument imported into ableton though
now extra flamey
Quote by Retro Rocker
Use Audacity to record the midi stream from Gpro, then save that as a .wav.

Can you explain how to do this please?
Play the midi in any sequencer with whatever softsynths, digital instruments, etc sound good and record it as a WAV.

Don't use guitar pro unless you want to be a n00b.
Worst case scenario, play it out of your speaker and just record it onto a tape.
But I'm sure Gutar pro does it. I have done it in fact. Never with a full piece, just a drum and bass thing for a composition
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by big duck
Worst case scenario, play it out of your speaker and just record it onto a tape.

I'm pretty sure i'll get a big fat fail doing that and my chances of getting into uni will have gone
Quote by GiantRaven

This is just from memory so bear with me.

Open your coursework in GP.
Open Audacity.
In Audacity, go open the preferences and change the input to your sound card, instead of the default microphone.
Hit record in Audacity.
Hit play in GP.
Crop sound file in audacity to eliminate silence at beginning/end.
In Audacity - File>Export>WAV.

Hope this helps.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Last edited by -February-Star- at May 1, 2008,
Quote by GiantRaven

Open up Audacity and Guitar Pro.
At the far right of the tool buttons in Audacity there will be a drop down box of various input options.
Click on MIDI.
Hit record, switch to GPro and play the song.
After it's finished crop any unwanted silence at the beginning/end and save as .wav.
I have a program called midi to mp3 1.2 that can convert it to .wav or .mp3. It costs like 10 bucks if I remember correctly. I can convert it for you if you like?
Quote by Retro Rocker
At the far right of the tool buttons in Audacity there will be a drop down box of various input options.

The only drop down box I can see is greyed out

Quote by master
I have a program called midi to mp3 1.2 that can convert it to .wav or .mp3. It costs like 10 bucks if I remember correctly. I can convert it for you if you like?

Seriously? That would be awesome!
Quote by GiantRaven
Didn't work...

If you're on about my way then I have no idea, it's working fine for me
I think you might be expected NOT to use one of those converters because it will just use your soundcard's synths and sound like crap.

Maybe not though. What's the criteria of the project?
Quote by I am Samuel

Yup. Basically, your computer needs a sound card. Send it to me though and I might be able to fix you up after school today.