When I record me playing guitar, everything comes out okay. I'm using my laptop
s built-in microphone, and it works good enough to simply get the notes down on the computer before I forget them.
Now, when I record me , say, strumming an E power chord (or any power chord strummed), the quality or the recording quickly diminishes and the volume lowers. It happens with any recording, for the matter. Anything I record that is constant, goes down in quality. It starts out clear, but becomes blurry (in sound terms) and just sounds sludgy, staticy and crappy. Is there a reason this happens?
Equipment:

Schecter Damien-FR!
Ibanez Jumpstart Strat
Peavey Bandit 65
Ibanez Jumpstart PracAmp
Zoom G1
Prob the microphone diaphragm not being very good. try using ut zoom g1 into the laptops line in instead
you got a crappy mic and its picking up too much, probably the vibration from your laptop
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG550

Vox AD30VT
Okay, I'll try and play with the system settings. And yea the mic is crappy as hell, but this also happens when I use an external mic I plug into the mic port. So it must be the system settings.

And If I plug the zoom right into the mic port, it just sounds like crap. When you play it back, it sounds as if the computer IS the amplifier, rather than the sound is recorded clearly from an amplifier. If I do record directly from the pedal, however, Is there a setting, filter or something I can use to make it sound less staticky and overpowering?
Equipment:

Schecter Damien-FR!
Ibanez Jumpstart Strat
Peavey Bandit 65
Ibanez Jumpstart PracAmp
Zoom G1