I took some time off from playing out... so I sold my AC30 cause I needed the extra cash, and I just did not need that much power for playing at the house.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB and just STOOPID. I've been playing through a solid state practice amp, or using a Sans Amp GT2 going direct to my Yamaha AWG through headphones or monitors. For the past month I have been sooooo disapointed with my tones that my playing has been affected. It just wasn't fun to play.

I guess.... lesson learned... once spoiled on tube tone... you just can't ever go solid state.

Anyways! I picked up a Valve Jr Head and Cab today, and it is like I have gone from suffocating to being able to breathe again! It sounds great and I am amazed at how loud it actually is. I had to have the tube tone..... and for the price I was amazed at how great it sounds.... is it an AC30? of course not.... but for being practically free I couldn't be happier to have the tubes back.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
I think every instance of selling an AC30 is a bad idea.

But good job on the EVJ though!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by brianthemayan

I guess.... lesson learned... once spoiled on tube tone... you just can't ever go solid state.

Congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Cheers, they're neat little amps. Take some time to try different valves in it!

Absolutely... it's sounds pretty good with the stock tubes... but I've all ready been to Eurotubes and I've got some JJ's on the way.... can't wait!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.