Recently, I had a listening music test at school. Two of the answers for one piece were Tierce De Picardi, and Mode.

I doubt this is possible, is it?
Call me Batman.
...what? You really need to elaborate.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Yeah, it is. What I'm asking is, in a minor mode, could you finish on a minor.... *strains* chords?

Sounds BS to me.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
Yeah, it is. What I'm asking is, in a minor mode, could you finish on a minor.... *strains* chords?

Sounds BS to me.

you mean like if your in A Aeolian/ A minor could you end on A major?

why not?
Hmm, yeah. But aren't you only supposed to stick to one chord in a mode?
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
Hmm, yeah. But aren't you only supposed to stick to one chord in a mode?

No, you can use more than 1 chord. A piece can change modes as well.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 1, 2008,
No, it could easily work. Just play in the minor mode, where you can use as many chords as you like, and then end on the major chord, as said above.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by branny1982
English translation is Picardy Third i think.

I know, but he wasn't really clear on what he was asking.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by GuitarMunky
you mean like if your in A Aeolian/ A minor could you end on A major?

why not?

Of course, and that major chord on the tonic of a minor key is a Picardy third, which is what "Tierce de Picardi" translates to so it would make sense.
Quote by :-D
Of course, and that major chord on the tonic of a minor key is a Picardy third, which is what "Tierce de Picardi" translates to so it would make sense.

exactly
Quote by Archeo Avis
I know, but he wasn't really clear on what he was asking.

i know... i had written a sarcastic reply at first, due to the ambiguity of the thread. I then decided not to be a dick and tried to edit it to something constructive.