Are they still any good live?

Pete Shelley is looking a bit worse for wear and last time I saw Steve Diggle he was wearing a hot dog costume...
They were actually quite good. They played a nice set, which only lacked "I don't know what to do with my life".

Steve Diggle kept throwing his telecaster and mike stand around, very anarchic.

Unfortunately, the band ****ed right off straightaway after their gig, and wouldn't come out and meet fans. How awesome of them.

Also, the drummer and have the audience were indie twunts.

After that, we went to open mike night, where they let me play a last minute set. Then the bouncers started getting scared of me, because they were only small, and they had to tell the bar staff not to serve me any more, because they couldn't do anything else because they were only small.
Brian, your drinking is out of hand. I shall have to report you, in the hope that you shall get a nice, fancy ASBO.

Bands just don't hang around any more
Quote by ss311
Brian, your drinking is out of hand. I shall have to report you, in the hope that you shall get a nice, fancy ASBO.

Bands just don't hang around any more

Yeah we should stop them from leaving shows so that they can make it to the next and not be too tired to perform well and satisfy other fans wishing to hear them!

I'm jking, I also wish bands stayed a while after shows more often.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
they're not very good live though...nor in studio

its classic punk, you can just assume its not a very good live show
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by pwninator123
they're not very good live though...nor in studio

its classic punk, you can just assume its not a very good live show

*slap*
Buzzcocks = awesome

And how dare you Brian. I've missed them TWICE!
God I fail
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
*slap*
Buzzcocks = awesome

And how dare you Brian. I've missed them TWICE!
God I fail

i love the Buzzcocks, just saying its bad recording quality and live isn't very good
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
The sound was pretty good last night. Not brilliant, but well above average. Put it this way, I spent an hour with my ears up against a monitor and didn't hurt them.

The Buzzcocks' recording quality isn't brilliant, but it's far from attrotious, too. I know for a fact that remasters vary quite a lot, one compilation I have is really cleaned up, another with virtually all the same songs has been dirtied up.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

The Buzzcocks' recording quality isn't brilliant, but it's far from attrotious, too. I know for a fact that remasters vary quite a lot, one compilation I have is really cleaned up, another with virtually all the same songs has been dirtied up.

Sliver: Best Of The Box by Nirvana comes to mind *shudders*
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by SuperBlob
Nice sneaky plug there Rizzo

It's like I always say - better a band plug than a butt plug!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
It's like I always say - better a band plug than a butt plug!

Well, I would say always, Brian

I missed the Buzzcocks a few years back. I was really bummed. They've never been my favorite band, but they're so catchy it's hard not to dig them.
DOWN&OUT
I haven't seen The Damned but the Adicts were great when I say them live. I imagine the Damned would be cool cos' their last album was good stuff.
The Damned are great, and still a good show. I've seen them a few times since their 1977 tour of the states. I just wish they came across the pond more often
Quote by anarkee
The Damned are great, and still a good show. I've seen them a few times since their 1977 tour of the states. I just wish they came across the pond more often

You need to just make a thread of all the awesome bands you got to see so we can drool over the list.
My band is covering "Boredom"

And it'll be better than Rizzo's Bcocks cover.

I personally wanted to cover Orgasm Addict, but the guy preferred Boredom.
Boredom isn't a very good song at all.

I'd much rather hear a cover of "I don't know what to do with my life" or "I don't mind"

Apparently I'm playing in a classic rock, glam and punk next year called COVERdale, and we'll be doing "what do I get", which is still covered a lot, but not twice as much.

Most indie bands cover buzzcocks songs, because it's easy.
No it isn't, and my opinion is more valid than yours because I'm doing a degree in musicology.

So facking there! ner ner ner ner ner ner!!!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
No it isn't, and my opinion is more valid than yours because I'm doing a degree in musicology.

So facking there! ner ner ner ner ner ner!!!

people who study musicor the piano or classical guitar always like Beethoven and Bach and Haydn and Mozart ( ) and Händel........please leave this forum
Quote by lavazza
people who study musicor the piano or classical guitar always like Beethoven and Bach and Haydn and Mozart ( ) and Händel........please leave this forum

I couldn't think of a witty comeback for that one that didn't involve holocaust jokes, so I thought i'd leave it.
i saw them a few months ago in portsmouth. it was disappointing. they didn't play boredom.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I got an offer to go see the buzzcocks again with the damned and the rezillos, but it would have cost me about £70, so never mind.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I got an offer to go see the buzzcocks again with the damned and the rezillos, but it would have cost me about £70, so never mind.

Oh, I saw that in some music magazine which I bought because it had a thing on The Specials. I'd pay £70 to see them, that Briefs spin-off band were playing as well.

Rezillos are awesome
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by lavazza
Sorry for abusing this thread, but are The Damned or the Adicts worth to be seen?

The damned I've seen twice and will be seein again this august, the first time i saw them i was a bit disappointed but the second time was fantastic.

My friends band is playing with the adicts in september so i may get to see them as well.

The buzzcocks have never been that good any of the times I've seen them.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk