guitarfetish also has some stuff like this.

from what i understand they work with passive pickups fine, and i've been looking into getting one for myself
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
kl thanks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
they kind of suck. things like this are left to your amplifier for a reason.
fight the power that be
I thought, for thier price, they'll be about the same as a buget overdrive pedal, no?
I hate to say, but the Artec active mods from Axesrus are cheap for a reason; they're naff.

I've not tried any Axetec mods, but I do LOVE their Irongear Pickups. Also, bear in mind that a budget overdrive pedal really will sound crap. My best advice would be to save the £20 towards a Boss SD-1, which is only ~£30.
would it be easy enough to dismantle and install into my guitar though? and what are there pickups like good for i mean?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
would it be easy enough to dismantle and install into my guitar though? and what are there pickups like good for i mean?

Well, I use a Steamhammer in one guitar, and a Hammerhead in another. They're the same pickup, apart from the hex poles in the Hammerhead, and they're perfect for metal (and anything else below). I can get harmonics out of the Hammerhead just as easily as I can from my EMG 81, and you also get a crisp, organic tone. I prefer them to every Seymour Duncan I've tried.

As for installing the mods, you just rip a tone pot out, then put the new pot in. They come with wiring diagrams, and labelled PCBs, so it's easy as pie. The biggest pain is finding somewhre to put the 9v battery that you'll need.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Well, I use a Steamhammer in one guitar, and a Hammerhead in another. They're the same pickup, apart from the hex poles in the Hammerhead, and they're perfect for metal (and anything else below). I can get harmonics out of the Hammerhead just as easily as I can from my EMG 81, and you also get a crisp, organic tone. I prefer them to every Seymour Duncan I've tried.

As for installing the mods, you just rip a tone pot out, then put the new pot in. They come with wiring diagrams, and labelled PCBs, so it's easy as pie. The biggest pain is finding somewhre to put the 9v battery that you'll need.

i was on about the sd-1, back to pickups the hammerhead would be better for bridge or neck?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
i was on about the sd-1, back to pickups the hammerhead would be better for bridge or neck?

Oh, pretty much no chance of putting an SD-1 in your control cavity :\ Just use it in your signal chain.

The Hammerhead comes in bridge and neck flavours, so you can't lose. Apart from the polepiece spacing, the only difference is that the bridge version is slightly hotter.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Oh, pretty much no chance of putting an SD-1 in your control cavity :\ Just use it in your signal chain.

The Hammerhead comes in bridge and neck flavours, so you can't lose. Apart from the polepiece spacing, the only difference is that the bridge version is slightly hotter.

ahh no, i was going to dismantle it and then use a switch to turn it on or off instead this is for a guitar im making im just ordering the bits now im an electronics student at college
Quote by Deliriumbassist