Hey,

I know this is probably a common question but who is better to get:

EMG 81/85 or Seymour Duncan Blackouts?

Most of the people I see playing the same type of music as me and getting a really nice sound are EMG but I just want some opinions on it.

Thanks,

....Not metal.

But I'd try the Duncans...I've had EMG's, they were pretty nice, but I've heard blackouts are better. You can look them up on youtube, also, a few people have demos up.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I have 2 axe's with EMG's and I like the way they sound. (not very versatile but for what they do, they do it awesome)
I've never used the blackouts but think Mustaine uses them on the latest Megadeth record and he sounds good on that. Can't tell if it's the pickups or the studio though.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Blackouts are supposedly more natural sounding while still having that metal tone. Its also award winning.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by ValoRhoads
I have 2 axe's with EMG's and I like the way they sound. (not very versatile but for what they do, they do it awesome)
I've never used the blackouts but think Mustaine uses them on the latest Megadeth record and he sounds good on that. Can't tell if it's the pickups or the studio though.

They're Livewires that Mustaine uses. I have a set in my Jackson and they sound pretty tasty.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.