Which do you think would sound best through my Flextone?

since i can almost get either one for around $450-500
The Gibson faded series are JUNK!!!! I've played on several models hoping the ones I played before were "bad ones" and no, they are all crap! Now, between the other two I like the hellraiser but test them both out at the store, that way you'll be making an educated choice and you'll be alot happier with your decision.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I actually really like schecters. Their necks, for me, fit perfectly in my hand. SG's are too wide for mine.
Cheap Fadeds are crap in my opinion, go with the Schecter!
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
The Gibson. Not all of the fadeds are bad. Make sure you play the actual instrument befor you buy though.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The faded Gibsons are absolutely horrible.

And the Schecter Tempest Custom is one of the best guitars I've ever played, especially for the price.
What does everyone hate about faded SGs? They're exactly the same as the normal SG specials but without the lacquer finish, which I think makes it easier to play. What's everyone's problem?
the faded aren't as bad as everyone here say, but for the price i would go with with schecter, since they just offer so much more.
Tempest ftw.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by doubtfull
What does everyone hate about faded SGs? They're exactly the same as the normal SG specials but without the lacquer finish, which I think makes it easier to play. What's everyone's problem?

First off if I'm gonna pay that much for an axe it better not look and feel like a piece of drift wood. The neck is awfully thick for a guitar with no laquer and rough as all hell. The sound is hollow as hell. The machine heads are rugged and stiff. It doesn't stay in tune no matter what you do. The pickguard rattles, the pickups rattle (and yes, i've played at least 5 of them and they all have the same issues). The low end is not much to speak of and the high end feedsback like a mofo. The neck joint is too shallow which could cause alot of future issues (especially with no laquer) such as warping, neck seperation, massive intonation troubles and even the death of the guitar and once again, they look like crap! Is that enough issues to call it crap to you? It certainly is to me. and if the regular specials are built like that, then they are crap too!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I have an 07 SG faded special. I have no problem with it at all. Plays great and great neck.

Maybe I'm lucky? I found it on craigslist for $600. It's upgraded with SD Pearly Gates and Alnico Pro II pups and TKL hard case included.

It's a keeper that's for sure.