Hi for my birthday i can get a a half stack but cant really go over $450-500 CA. I will be getting some decent stuff in a year or so when im working full time, so for now this stuff is just an upgrade from my combo amp and to hold me out for awhile.

I am looking at a Ibanez tone blaster 150 watt head
ibanez head
and for the cab i am looking at this behringer 4x12 200watt cab.
cab

So my question is, would that be an alright head and cab match? or would the head be too much for the cab etc. just looking for some input, and like i said this stuff is basically just going to be used for maybe a year or so untill i can get some higher quality gear.

or is there a better head/cab set up i can get for $500 CA ?....thanks for any input...btw i mostly play metal...any type really.
The creator of pank, the pank master
the head and cab will go fine..

if your combo is half decent buy a really good cab and power it with the combo then you'll only need to save for a really good head
Shut up and play your guitar!
Quote by plbrynt
the head and cab will go fine..

if your combo is half decent buy a really good cab and power it with the combo then you'll only need to save for a really good head

That is a really good piece of advice! +1
plus the Ibanez tone blaster (and I hate to say this because I'm a Ibanez junkie) does not have tone nor is it blasting anything. That's not a very good amp. What combo do you have?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
don't get a behringer cab. literally everything that company makes is total garbage.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
yeah ive heard behringer isn't good. but my friends bass amp has survived two years, but i think i can manage to get the toneblaster head and the matching cab just have to talk nice to my parents....i thought of running my combo but its a spider 2 so i decided not to bother.....i was at a small metal show and the guitarist had the tone blaster stack and was just running a boss metal zone pedal and it sounded pretty good i thought.
The creator of pank, the pank master
what amp do you have right now?

I recommend you do what the guy above said...

If you have a decent combo, just buy a really good cab, then play through that until you have money for a head.
EHX Users Guild Member

B52 AT100 & AT412 Cab
Fender MIM Satin Strat
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Memory Man w/ Hazarai
EHX Holy Grail
Dan Electro EQ
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Get a t00b combo.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat