Hi, could you list all disadvantages you get from a OFR or ZR tremolo ?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

If it's double locking then a disadvantage would be restringing and tuning because you'd have to take off the locks at the nut of it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
This is going to lead to some slanted discussion if you only list the minuses of a trem...

PROS:
They stay in tune
Allow for a lot greater range than a Vintage Trem
Generally able to make more precise intonation adjustments

CONS:
Expensive
There is a steep learning curve when working on them

You can not change tunings without blocking the tremolo to dive only
ZRs and Kahlers have a smoother feel, but tend to lack the range. It is not as easy to service a Kahler as an FR or ZR. The material quality of the ZR is questionable. ZRs and Kahlers can be hard to find parts for or getting someone to service. ZRs and Kahlers are less likely to wear out, though there are many original OFRs still in service today.
-Takes longer to tune/intonate

-Requires more overall maintenance

-In some cases, sustain is decreased

-Changing string gauges requires tweaking of the bridge almost every time
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
ZRs have poorly made holding-pieces for the trem. bar. Mine snapped off cleanly while I was using it, and I haven't got a new one yet because they're expensive and a little hard to find. Otherwise, it stays perfectly in tune for months on end and I've had no problems with it. They are pretty bad when a string breaks though.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
about how long time would it take to tune it to standard?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard