While experimenting with E7, E major and minor, i stumpled upon a chord which i cant quite find on the internet. Now if im wrong and there is such a chord, please dont call me stupid or something ( i only started playing guitar last month), if there isnt such a chord, tell me. If i posted this in the wrong section, forgive me. Now about the chord, its the E major without the 2 finger on the a string.
Assuming E is the root, I'd probably just call it Eadd11.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
e|----0---|
B|----0---|
G|----1---|
D|----2---|
A|----0---|
E|----0---|

Is this what you're playing?
More UltraMatic than you.
These guys beat me to it, heh.

How about Eadd4
More UltraMatic than you.
Last edited by UltraMatic4 at May 1, 2008,
there is no chord you could ever come up with that doesn't have a name.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Esus4

It's technically not Eadd11, despite what Guitar Pro may tell you, although I can understand the confusion. Eadd11 would be the same as Eadd4 (meaning you add an A into the chord) but the Eadd11 implies that the A above the octave E. Since you have the A above the root open, it would make it the 4th note in the scale, not the 11th.

Quote by SimpleMan008
Esus4

It's technically not Eadd11, despite what Guitar Pro may tell you, although I can understand the confusion. Eadd11 would be the same as Eadd4 (meaning you add an A into the chord) but the Eadd11 implies that the A above the octave E. Since you have the A above the root open, it would make it the 4th note in the scale, not the 11th.

The third has not been replaced by the fourth. It is not a sus chord.
The extension is not required to be in a higher octave, though it is very commonly placed there to avoid dissonance.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Ok im confused
So this:
X 0 0 0
-----------
| | | 1 | |
++++++
| | 3 | | |
++++++
| | | | | |
++++++
| | | | | |
------------

is a Esus4 or Eadd11?
Quote by Haedadru
Ok im confused
So this:
X 0 0 0
-----------
| | | 1 | |
++++++
| | 3 | | |
++++++
| | | | | |
++++++
| | | | | |
------------

is a Esus4 or Eadd11?

That's not the chord you said you were playing (which is not a sus chord)
Either way, you need to learn chord construction for yourself. Start with the theory sticky.