so i just bought a 5150 off ebay for 575 and the guys shipping it by ups freight. How is ups freight and what can i expect when i get it.
this isnt a very good thread since youve already bought the thing!

ups is the monopoly

though they are crap and i would never trust em with an amp or guitar of mine.

expect it stolen....
It depends heavily on where you, and the seller, are in the world.

More details?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i live in pa, the outskirts of whitehall. The seller was in florida and had 100% feedback
It'll probably take a while to get to you but it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks at the most I would have thought.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've heard a lot of bad things about people shipping amps with UPS. They place there items in big trucks which they can just throw things into and not take care in packing everything in, not to mention they're more expensive than everyone else (which I still haven't figured out why anyone would use them if that's the case). I personally would never use them to ship bigger items.

For this reason, I use DHL. The last thing I shipped was a Nintendo Wii and while not quite as fragile and big as an amp, got there (NY) in perfect condition in 3 days, shipping costing only $9. Before that, I shipped a 5150 Combo to CA. It took a little longer to get there because there was a little bit of a mix up, but it got there exactly how I sent it, tubes completely fine (eventhough I left them in the amp - as per the buyer's request), and the price to ship it, weighing 110lbs, was $92. UPS was $160. DHL uses vans to ship their shipments in which they have to take more care in packaging things in it so they can fit as much as possible, whereas UPS doesn't necessarily have to do.

I'm sure it'll probably come to you fine, but if it doesn't, you've been warned
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com