Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Fun, but completely unnecessary.

I love them! Depends on what kinda music you're making as for the usefulness.

I find that it can be really good running your entire output through them, and then pissing about with it there, on say every 4th bar (assuming you're doing techno) to give it a more "fun" feeling.
They're pretty cool. For guitarists it's not so useful because the guitar frequencies only work on certain patches, its really more for electronic musicians/DJ's. I have a Korg Kaossilator which works in a similar way but its a synthesiser, some pretty sweet patches on there.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Amazing if you like Muse. Not particularly necessary if you don't, but massively fun.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Well i have two bands and intned to use it for both...one is more Nine inch nails inspired and the other is more Joy Division/Alanis Morisette but i have started using a synth in that band and have started trying to get slightly more Electronica, me and my bandmate really wanna try it out.
what would this thing sound like if i ran it through my bass??? would it be worth my time?
Matt Bellamy makes them work so well with his guitar and uses it in the vast majority of the newer Muse songs methinks.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
The guy from Enter Shikari uses one in his synth rig. The intro to Sorry You're Not a Winner is done on it. So in my opinion pretty useful for my music.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Do what that guy did and cut a chunk out of your guitar and slap it in there. It's amazing.
Quote by JoeyDengler
Well i have two bands and intned to use it for both...one is more Nine inch nails inspired and the other is more Joy Division/Alanis Morisette but i have started using a synth in that band and have started trying to get slightly more Electronica, me and my bandmate really wanna try it out.

Well then, I think it's up your street. Even though you say you don't use a synth for the NIN inspired band, it will fit in perfectly there (definitely with Year Zero and The Slip material)..and it will definitely encourage you in the electronica section. I'm hoping to get one myself.

But if you go for the Matt Bellamy type of thing, like many people have pointed out, it's a waste of money. In that case, make sure you have the money to waste, like our Muse frontman.