My gear:
6505+
Jackson RR1 w/blackouts
boss ns-2

I get insane amounts of feedback when I stop playing when the volume(post gain) is past 1. I know its not my pickups as they are brand new and were installed by a professional.. The ns-2 does a great job at eliminating hum and background noise, but does almost nothing for feedback. I guess my question is what can I do to help reduce feedback? New tubes? I have heard the ISP decimator is a good noise suppression pedal, but is it ideal for feedback? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
It could be something interfering with your amp, my amp buzzes insanely when my downstairs computer is on, but it's totally silent when the computer is off.
Turning down the gain would work wonders.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Could be, but I have hooked my amp up in several different places in my house, including my garage where there is almost nothing electrical on.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Turning down the gain would work wonders.

I play heavy metal, so this is not an option haha. High gain is what I like, thats why I bought a 6505+.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Upgrade the valves anyway, stock ones are pretty poor. ISP Decimator would be a good choice to upgrade your ns2 to, or possibly the new g-string, but I havn't tried one of those yet.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yea man I have the same amp as you and have the same problem. As soon as I stop playing the amp feedbacks like crazy. Anybody have a suggestion?
Quote by cbehrendt
I play heavy metal, so this is not an option haha. High gain is what I like, thats why I bought a 6505+.

Well you don't need the gain at ten to play metal. The thing just gets oversaturated past 6-7 and your palm mutes start sounding like mush anyways. Try backing off the gain and kicking a boost in front of it to tighten everything up.

That or throw the NS-2 in front of your amp as well as the loop.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well you don't need the gain at ten to play metal. The thing just gets oversaturated past 6-7 and your palm mutes start sounding like mush anyways. Try backing off the gain and kicking a boost in front of it to tighten everything up.

That or throw the NS-2 in front of your amp as well as the loop.

Well I keep my gain at 8-8 1/2. What do you mean kicking a boost in from? I do own a maxon od808, is that what you mean? I tried putting the maxon in the effects loop and all it really did was make my amp louder and the feedback worse.
Peavey 6505+
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Quote by cbehrendt
Well I keep my gain at 8-8 1/2. What do you mean kicking a boost in from? I do own a maxon od808, is that what you mean? I tried putting the maxon in the effects loop and all it really did was make my amp louder and the feedback worse.

Put the maxon in front of your amp...

Don't put overdrives in the loop. Turn the level up on the pedal and turn the gain down.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster