so is it a really good versatile tube amp for the fairly cheap price for a combo?
It is a good combo and definitely not bad at all for the price; if you can afford it and like the tone it pumps out I'd say go for it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Here's my question though (I do plan on trying one out when I have some money saved up), what is it good for? Is it more Metal-y or Blues-y? (And BTW, I didnt notice an EQ on it from any of the pics I've seen, Am I right? (Yeah, I know, EQ Pedal, but, just wondering)
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

I tried the 112 and it was really versatile, even using a new schecter hellraiser (EMG 89/81). I mean it could actually do some blues. I really liked it, plan on buying it or the 212 if I can find it cheap on ebay.

Yes there is an EQ, and a pretty nice one to boot. I know the 112 is two channel, lead REALLY cranks out gain, rhythm has a really smooth slick sound to it.
The other guitarist in our band has one, VERY loud, if you're going to be a bedroom user it may be too loud to get a good sound out of, his sounds great cranked a bit, but muffled low down.
Not a bad amp at all, great value. Definitely aimed more towards moedrn rock but not bad for blues or even metal.

There's a virtual version of it on Peavey's new Revalver III software, download the unrestricted free trial (link)and you can get a rough idea of the sort of tones it covers and the way the amp works. Obviously it's not quite the same as standing next to it, but for a free piece of software it's damn close...