What's a good thickness for a pick that doesn't flex, and thin enough so you can alternate pick fast?

Also, what's the difference between a jazz pick and a normal triangle pick?
I usually use Dunlop Tortex .88 or 1.00 picks... they're perfect I think...
depends on what the pick's made of. celluloid picks, usually medium or thicker don't bend much at all. most nylon picks about .88 or above are pretty sturdy
I've seen one million toilets...

AND I ROCKED THEM ALL!
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I use 1.14mm dunlop picks (the PINK ones )
I find them rather versitile, I think I have 14 of them
Highly Recommended

+1

i find its best to play with the thickest you can. they dont break as easily and you have a much greater dynamic range.

when i play, my picks are thicker than the rhythm guitarist's and bassist's put together
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
.58 dunlop picks ( the ones i found t a corner store at lunch with a alligator on them}

highly recommended XD
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
round about 0.8 IMO
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
tortex .88 and tortex .77, depending on the application.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
1.14mm = MAN PICK!
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
jazz picks are smaller and useful for pick attacks and regular picks are well you know whatever i use dunlop .6 i like them, but i suggest that you just go and get an assortment of picks and try them out find the one that suits you
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
I use tortex .88.

And they are perfect.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
I had a Dunlop 2mm pick. I loved it. I've lost it a good seven times now... Haven't found it the most recent time though. Should buy like 200
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
dunlop tortex 88s or ibanez grip wizard heavys. the only 2 i use
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Dunlop Jazz III's or Jim Dunlop Big Stubbies in 3mm size. They are the best!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Well, if it's for guitar try Jim Dunlop's Jazz III. They're quite small, perfect for pinched armonics and for those who hold their pick with two fingers (at least to me .
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
1.14mm = MAN PICK!

1.14 purple tortex FTW!!!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
ooooooooooooor cut an old credit card into shapes, and the little card numbers act as handy grips
Quote by Lithium717
I had a Dunlop 2mm pick. I loved it. I've lost it a good seven times now... Haven't found it the most recent time though. Should buy like 200

me too
thx for the help i chose .88 dunlop's, but i don't what see what difference the color makes
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
+1

i find its best to play with the thickest you can. they dont break as easily and you have a much greater dynamic range.

when i play, my picks are thicker than the rhythm guitarist's and bassist's put together

OMG bassists don't use picks!!!

Just thought I'd beat someone to it. I really liked a heavy Fender pick i used once. Unfortunately I can't find it on guitarcenter.com so I can't tell you what kind they were.
yea jazz III's are great small and are pointed for accuracy and some ppl say its easier to play faster with them also if you find they are to small for u they make an xl version its the exact same but bigger
Gear:
Jackson JS30 with emg 81/85 (bridge/neck)
Epiphone SG Special
Esteban Acoustic (won in a bet lol)
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Marshall AVT20
Quote by Metallicaxp
Remember to do your Daily Jerk, Never forget!
DONT USE THE JAZZ 3. Sure they amke you pick faster, but if you already ahve some picks at home and came home with a pack of jazz III's. you wont be abe to sue any other picks because it will seem like you're using a ****ing dish as a pick.i bought home a pack of jazz III about 5 months ago. i have about 30 picks new from 5 months ago
Quote by thedude97
OMG bassists don't use picks!!!

Just thought I'd beat someone to it. I really liked a heavy Fender pick i used once. Unfortunately I can't find it on guitarcenter.com so I can't tell you what kind they were.

r u serious i caught the bassist for fightstars pick, loads of bassist use picks
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
either Dunlop big stubbies 3mm or Gator grip 1.5mm
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by shtiming
DONT USE THE JAZZ 3. Sure they amke you pick faster, but if you already ahve some picks at home and came home with a pack of jazz III's. you wont be abe to sue any other picks because it will seem like you're using a ****ing dish as a pick.i bought home a pack of jazz III about 5 months ago. i have about 30 picks new from 5 months ago

na, its hard at first, but after using jazz IIIs u can use other types every now and then. i would never use another pick on a regular basis though. anyways jazz III all the way. the most natural feeling pick i've used. moves alot of string so u get a full rich sound. dont use the small ones though, i tried for a while, felt like i was going to develop arthiritis
Quote by MRavioli
thx for the help i chose .88 dunlop's, but i don't what see what difference the color makes

The color is just a thing dunlop uses so you know what thickness it is at a glance. It moves down the rainbow as they get thicker in the tortex series, most of the other colored series as well I think. Red is .5mm, orange .6 or so, yellow .73, green .88, blue 1.0, purple 1.14.
I personally can't use thick picks, don't know why but they just don't work for me. Unless it's a Jazz III I really can't go beyond 1.0mm. I used to use .88 tortex (green), then the Jazz III. These days I'm using tortex .73 (yellow), and they work perfectly for me. Not much flex, nice and thin, they last a while, and I prefer the tone I get out of them anyway.
I never had problems using regular picks while I was using the Jazz IIIs, unlike shtiming.
Quote by dingo356
r u serious i caught the bassist for fightstars pick, loads of bassist use picks

I was clearly joking. I play bass with a pick.
^ oh good i couldnt see the sarcasm on my viao
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?