Friday evening we all went running around. Every last kid in the neighborhood was out that night.
I ran up Wilbert street and hid behind Doug's shrubs. Perfectly square cut. Doug was always anal about his front yard, even though his house was nothing special. Most likely served in the military.

The hiding spot was only temporary. I laid down low to the ground, trying not to trip the light sensor on the corner of his roof, near the gutters. If I tripped it, game over. Doug would rush out from his barracks and snatch me up like a women about to be hit by a truck.

Sometimes it feels like we take these games to seriously. Only make believe I tell myself. But I still get nervous. Always get nervous. Bladder starts to fill up like a water balloon, and the tension wants to be released. Damn, at eleven years old I knew nothing was right. Now I sleep with benzo's in my teddy bear.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
"way too seriously" I think may have been stronger, and added to the child-like thing going on.

It should be "too" anyways.

I wish I knew what benzo's were, this piece wouuld make far more sense to me otherwise.

I thought the rest was pretty sound - solid phrasing and a decent knack for prose.
Quote by we have sound

Is he?

Is he what?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror