I was wondering if someone could please tell me some of the divorce terms (as in what can a parent do and cannot)

Because my parents are not allowed to tell me, and I really want to know.
Things like, well i know that in mothers day i have to be with my mom from 11 am to 7, just stuff like that,
My friend Google knows, would you like an introduction?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
bendystraw is back!!!

on topic: try google. it's different depending on where you live i think.
It doesn't really matter, My rents are divorced and I live with my mom but I chill with my dad whenever, Also.. Didn't you make a similar thread a while back? Maybe not..seems familiar though.

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816878

God Dammit is my memory ever amazing
If your mom asks for a conjugal visit, RUN THE FUCK AWAY!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ShaunDiel
It doesn't really matter, My rents are divorced and I live with my mom but I chill with my dad whenever, Also.. Didn't you make a similar thread a while back? Maybe not..seems familiar though.

Holy **** buddy, I remembered that thread as soon as you said that, but didn't think it was the same guy.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Well im in custody of my mom, I have no car/am under 18, thus i have no choice as to when to visit my dad.

My dad has been being an asshole lately and doesnt wanna negotiate any time changes cause he has us sunday night and it sucks havin him take us too school, him having to take our bags all the way to tijuana in my moms office, where she has to pick em up.

So i wanna see what other things i can do, and what he cant do, that he might be doing.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Doesn't it depend on the individual situation?

Why can't they tell you? thats stupid.

It's not legal, if they do they have to go to jail for 5 days, cause its disobeying the court. (my mom sometimes tells us some of it, but she wont go ahead and tell us all of it.)

and as for the other thread, that went okay, but they changed the day schedule to overnights, and the sunday thing, kinda pissed me off, so theres a few things i wish i could say to the mediator now that i didnt last time.
Last edited by thefoundationof at May 1, 2008,
^
I Know, I was thinking it was someone different so I checked it out just for kicks, Turns out I'm a fucking genius.

EDIT: To floppy Pick
Last edited by ShaunDiel at May 1, 2008,
Quote by strat335
bendystraw is back!!!

on topic: try google. it's different depending on where you live i think.

hell yeah, motherfucker.
Quote by ShaunDiel
^
I Know I was thinking it was someone different so I checked it out just for kicks, Turns out I'm a fucking genius.

EDIT: To floppy Pick

*Gives high five*

...waits...

And yes Shaundiel, you are a genious !
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by thefoundationof
Well im in custody of my mom, I have no car/am under 18, thus i have no choice as to when to visit my dad.

My dad has been being an asshole lately and doesnt wanna negotiate any time changes cause he has us sunday night and it sucks havin him take us too school, him having to take our bags all the way to tijuana in my moms office, where she has to pick em up.

So i wanna see what other things i can do, and what he cant do, that he might be doing.

It's not legal, if they do they have to go to jail for 5 days, cause its disobeying the court. (my mom sometimes tells us some of it, but she wont go ahead and tell us all of it.)

and as for the other thread, that went okay, but they changed the day schedule to overnights, and the sunday thing, kinda pissed me off, so theres a few things i wish i could say to the mediator now that i didnt last time.

I don't believe it would be illegal, I reckon you're being lied to by one or both of your parents so they don't have to explain anything that might hurt you etc.

Afterall, it concerns you so surely you have a legal right to know, more than not to know?
Quote by last_biscuit
I don't believe it would be illegal, I reckon you're being lied to by one or both of your parents so they don't have to explain anything that might hurt you etc.

Afterall, it concerns you so surely you have a legal right to know, more than not to know?

True but the thing is they dont know what will hurt me or not, so i think that by law theyre not allowed to talk about anything that goes on in the court.
If you're under 18, you should have a law guardian/guardian ad litem appointed by the family court to represent you. If you haven't had a law guardian assigned to you, this means visitation hasn't been settled by the court. Courts weigh VERY HEAVILY the interests of teenage children when it comes to visitation/living preferences. But to answer your question, there's no way to know; child custody isn't something that can be agreed to by the parties, it has to be decided by the judge.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Sabu
Your mother gets to keep one of your dad's testicles.

Nice one. Divorce sucks. I can't imagine having to visit mom and dad seperately. I'm so lazy I'd eventually stop visiting one of them.
Quote by thefoundationof
Well As a representative in the court we have none, its all in what our parents say, and this doctor we are going to says he has some sort of say in the court, but i think that is through my parents too.

Wait what?

I think you're being majorly lied to.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by ShaunDiel

u sir... have wasted your life on ug when u can remember **** like that lol
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.