Hey guys, I am starting to need new strings for my acoustic Guitar. I have always used D'Addario Phosphor Bronze, and they work well, but I was wondering if there are any other, semi cheap all around good Acoustic Guitar strings out there. If you know of any just let me know. Thanks!
Dean Markley Blue Steels sound very nice, but they fade after like 2 weeks. I've got some right now.

I've heard nothing but good things about Martin's strings.
Semi-cheap? Most aren't that expensive anyway.

Try some Martin SP's. Average price, great tone, and they last the longest for me. I'm pretty hard on them (play lots of leads, string bending, etc) and I play about 10hrs a week on them or more. It's hard for me to break them even if I want to, and they sound the best for the thing I play (which is fingerstyle, to blues, to rock, etc).
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Martin SP phospher bronze are the way to go. Great tone, relatively long life, very difficult to break.
I got the GHS BB10U recently and I was wondering if it's normal that especially the e and B strings have lost their shiny look and they turned out dark gray so soon :\
blue steels are ok... i tried them before. the tone was great when the strings were new, but they died really fast. i havent bought a set since.

i've tried Martin SP PhosphorBronze, Martin SP 80/20 Bronze, DR, Elixir nanoweb PhosphorBronze, Elixir nanoweb 80/20 Bronze, D'addario EXP PhosphorBronze.

out of those, my favourites are the Martin SP 80/20 Bronze. when i use these strings, there is an accent in the high end trebles and the low end bass. mid end is still present and noticeable. it's a good mix of sound for me. I use a Martin D-16RGT, which is a rosewood back/sided and sitka spruce topped guitar. on my Art & Lutherie Cedar guitar, these strings didnt sound so good, but on this guitar they really shine.
Martin SP, GHS, D'Daddario, John Pearse are all fine strings. I like Phosphor bronze models myself.
Hey Captivate, Have you ever tried out the Godin P/B Hi-Def (light) strings? I'm asking because they come stock on the Simon&Patrick I just got and they need changing but before I change to Elixir nano's I'd like to know what a fresh set of Godin's sound like...Did your Cedar Art & Luthier come stock with these?
Quote by engine11
Hey Captivate, Have you ever tried out the Godin P/B Hi-Def (light) strings? I'm asking because they come stock on the Simon&Patrick I just got and they need changing but before I change to Elixir nano's I'd like to know what a fresh set of Godin's sound like...Did your Cedar Art & Luthier come stock with these?

umm... im not sure what exact strings they came with. they were just the stock strings... whatever that is. they were light guage for sure though. a fresh set of Godins sound alright. not amazing though. if im not mistaken, i believe the Godin strings are actually made by D'addario.
Well I use DR's Medium lights and they are GREAT!! I probley will never change but i do want to try some ernie ball acoustic anyone know if they are any good.
If you can find elixir on sale. I've had the same pair for a month and have only had to tune once. They still show very little signs of wair and I play a bunch.
bro i suggest you try some DR strings.. when it comes to acoustics, they have the best string qualities.. try the medium..
Quote by football95
If you can find elixir on sale. I've had the same pair for a month and have only had to tune once. They still show very little signs of wair and I play a bunch.

i've used elixirs quite a bit. my sweat makes them rust just as much as normal strings so i'd rather just buy 3 packs of Martins for the same price as 1 pack of Elixirs. it just makes sense for me.
I use gibson EXPs They are heavy acoustic strings with GREAT tone. It gives a fat tone to your music like most gibson guitars, but the drawback is the heavy gauge. I'd recommend it to anyone because after getting your fingers used to them you'll be good on any other guitar and last a long time. Im on my 3rd set after 1 1/2 years of use.

PS costs 14$ Last time I bought