I saw the shining the other day, and I didn't get the ending. Like when it zooms into a picture of the 4th of July ball and Jack Nicholson is in it. Also the part when Wendy was running around the house with a knife, and she runs into something that looks like a bear, and a dude, in a bed, and they look at her, and she screams and runs away, and then Wendy runs into some dude that says "great party. isn't it?". Anyone care to explain those parts?
I dunno.
Read the book and see if you can find some answers.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle
I dunno.
Read the book and see if you can find some answers.

too lazy.
I've read the book a while ago

The bear thing and the dude were mentioned in the book; the bear thing is a guy in a dog costume with a very addictive personality. When the guy in the dog suit sees someone he likes/wants to be friends with, he follows them around and everything and doesn't leave him/her alone. Just like an actual dog.
I remember there's a part in the book where there's a party going on at the Overlook with all the ghosts and spirits, and the guy in the dog suit is making a complete idiot of himself to humor the guy he is attached to and to the amusement of the other ghosts. He is doing tricks that actual dogs would do, while the person he is attached to is giving the orders.

There is also another scene with the "dogman" (as he is referenced in the book) where he scares the crap out of danny torrance. In one of the hotel's hallways, when danny runs into him, the dogman's head is dismembered from the rest of his body, while the dogman talks to danny and yells at him and pretty much tries to freak him out.

the guy that says "great party, isn't it?" is a guy who used to be a caretaker for the hotel. I think his name was Delbert Grady. He gave into the spirits and everything and eventually killed his 2 daughters and wife, before killing himself. So now he's part of the hotel. He's pretty much the guy throughout the movie that's trying to convince jack torrance to kill danny and wendy so that they could all be part of the hotel forever.

I still don't get the end of the movie with the picture of jack torrance; the book ending was COMPLETELY different...

Anyone know the significance of the picture at the end of the movie? I'm curious too.

BTW, the shining is one of my favorite movies/books. Definitely read the book if you like the movie. Jack nicholson is awesome and everything, but the book is much better. Do you even know what "the shining" is referring to? It's unclear in the movie but VERY clear in the book.
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at May 1, 2008,
One of my favorite/movies books.

The ending was showing that Jack was always at the hotel. Like his soul was there or something... not sure though.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Read the book.... the ending is different and much better.

Stephen King is badass
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
Read the book.... the ending is different and much better.

Stephen King is badass

YES!

he's my favorite author. So far, my favorites by him are pet sematary, the shining, night shift (the short stories collection), and salem's lot.

I'm reading the stand right now too
Quote by ratmblink123
One of my favorite/movies books.

The ending was showing that Jack was always at the hotel. Like his soul was there or something... not sure though.

i think it's something like that. cuz he's dead, so now he's, like, the latest ghost to be added to all the ghost that will haunt the hotel...FOREVER........

anyway, read the book. it owns the movie in so many ways (though jack nicholson was pretty good).