Ok, i just got a job so im gonna save up for a new multieffects pedal. i have an ME-20 which is good, it just doesn't have enough on it. I'm looking at the Boss GT-8, GT-10, Line 6 Pod Live (or something like that lol), Zoom G9.2tt, and the Rocktron Utopia G300. i play metal, so i need something with good distortion plus cool effects to toy around with. anything under like $600 would work. no digitech, my friend has one and it sounds like crap. thanks
not sure about the price but the sound of the POD XT live was awesome
i guy used it at a concert i went last nigth
he started making really cool sounds before the band started playing
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
What are you going to be using the most? I think the Line 6 has better amp modeling. The GT-8 has the best effects and distortions. I think the GT-8 has the most programming features. I have a friend with digitech gnx3 and it is crap. I cant say anything about the GT-10 cause I have never used it.
line 6 plug in play... don't get the x3 its made like **** but the xt is good

Boss GT8 best effects but modeling needs lots of tweaking but you can get virtually any sound out of it

Digitech always = ****

thats all i've used peronally
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I would like to ask my own question in here regarding Multieffects.

For a blackheart little giant, would a Boss GT-8 turn it into an amp that can play Metal, classic rock, progressive rock, and blues?

So I would have Guitar, single channel class A amp, and multieffects processor.
you'd basically be using the blackheart as a poweramp for a "metal" preamp... no you won't get ultra tight rip your head of distortion and power. but you get what you pay for
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
you'd basically be using the blackheart as a poweramp for a "metal" preamp... no you won't get ultra tight rip your head of distortion and power. but you get what you pay for

Oh ok. I'm looking for something that can get me distortion for stuff like Tool and APC, but also overdriven cleans for stevie ray vaughan sounds. Anything in between would be fine as well
it'll work fine for that as long as your not overly obsessive over tone or one of those creepy stalker sound fanatics.
-George Will

Nah, but I want it to sound really good. I don't expect it to sound as good as Billy Howerdel's tone. He puts so much sh*t into his Nothing but rack effects.
it should work fine for most applications
-George Will

Ok goody. If I win the lottery I'll just get the MPX G2 he uses and solve all my problems. Until then, I'll get a GT-8
I have the Boss GT-6 and I like it a lot. If you're willing to fiddle for a few minutes to get the tone you're looking for, you can uncover some really good tones. On the other hand, I sometimes get frustrated with not being able to work out kinks in the sound, especially when it comes to the reverb. But when it comes to having a handful of useful effects and more tones than you'll ever need, it's a great buy for the price. (I can't speak for the GT-8 GT-10, but I can only assume that they would be an improvement over mine.)