Stop pencil from smearing on a paper? I just spent a lot of time on a drawing in my spare time during my classes, and I don't want the pencil to smear (I was out of a pen at the time) when I put it in a folder or something like that.

I'd go over it with a pen now, but that would be REALLY tedious work, and I wouldn't be able to trace over the pencil all that great without slipping or without the ink bleeding into another line of the drawing.

Also, no suggestions of rape, bloody cum, IcyHot, etc.
Use a finer pencil, don't press too hard, blow off excess graphite before you brush it with your hand and end up marking the paper with it, dry your hands a bit.
dude. light layer of hairspray. then frame it or something to prevent rubbing. the hairspray really works well tho.

EDIT: i did a really awesome drawing depicting the quote "art is but a shadow of the divine perfection" - michaelangelo. and my art teacher taught me that trick.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Last edited by zedeathmetal at May 1, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
Use a finer pencil, don't press too hard, blow off excess graphite before you brush it with your hand and end up marking the paper with it, dry your hands a bit.

It's done, and I kept the pencil tip at a pretty fine point throughout. It just smeared a little in my bag on the way home from school and I was wondering if there were any ways I could get it to not smear anymore using stuff I can find at home.

Quote by zedeathmetal
dude. light layer of hairspray. then frame it or something to prevent rubbing. the hairspray really works well tho.
Really? I'll go try that now. Thanks.
Work left to right. If you need to go back to an area and the side of your hand is going to touch a part with lots of detail, get some scrap paper and put it over the place your hand touches.

Oh and hairspray is good for preventing smearing. Just make sure the paper is thick or its going to get like wet paper.
Quote by metaldud536
Work left to right. If you need to go back to an area and the side of your hand is going to touch a part with lots of detail, get some scrap paper and put it over the place your hand touches.

Oh and hairspray is good for preventing smearing. Just make sure the paper is thick or its going to get like wet paper.

i forgot to mention that
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Quote by metaldud536

it's on a piece of paper about as thick as construction paper. Would that be fine?
Buy a kneaded eraser. We use those in my art class and they don't get smaller. They are stretchy and don't even seem to wear out. They don't leave anything behind after they erase either.
As for not smearing, I hear spraying it with hair spray or something after you finish the piece should hold the pencil in well.
Quote by FireandFlames
it's on a piece of paper about as thick as construction paper. Would that be fine?

I dont think so. I mean I use to do that to my drawings in my sketchbook(which had thick paper than usual) and even then they still get a little bent. I recommend not to spray it until you're sure you're done. After that don't spend more than 3 seconds spraying the paper but make sure you get everything.
put a cover sheet over it for storage, if you dont want to risk messing it up with hairspray. you could also get a fixative, but thats overkill for a casual drawing. for charcoal its a must, though.
I have no opinion on this matter.
it's called fixative, it's available from most art shops.

hairspray has much the same effect.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
maybe scan it into a computer?
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
^no scanner

Quote by metaldud536
I dont think so. I mean I use to do that to my drawings in my sketchbook(which had thick paper than usual) and even then they still get a little bent. I recommend not to spray it until you're sure you're done. After that don't spend more than 3 seconds spraying the paper but make sure you get everything.

Thanks. I spent an extra two days making sure I was done, and I sprayed it all over holding the can about 6-7 inches from the paper for about 4 seconds.