So I forget who on here, but somebody gave me a link to making a tone pot a midrange cut pot. Well, basically anyways. It had a cap, a resistor, and an inductor. I couldn't get an inductor at Radioshack, so I bought 4 packs of resistors.

I have the following:

1/8 watt 220 Ohm

1/8 watt 150 Ohm

1/4 watt 1K Ohm

1/4 watt 470 Ohm

I'm not sure what to use, so I bought a good variation for 4 bucks. I plan on using a .001uF[Micro-Farads] orange drop cap. This is cutting some midrange in my Piezo. Which resistor do I use? Do I even have the right one?

If you could make it here:

circuitsim.tk and screenshot please.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at May 1, 2008,
By cutting midrange, you're basically making a notch filter.

In order to do this passively, you really NEED an inductor, or depending on whether you make a high or low pass filter, you'll be cutting out all the bass or treble along with the midrange.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Last edited by SRVStrat808 at May 1, 2008,
That sucks, where can I find one?

Wait, is a choke the same thing as an inductor?
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at May 1, 2008,
I think inductors are used as chokes sometimes so it might be.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
http://futurlec.com/Inductors.shtml is an easy site to look through. I dont know how to set up a passive midrange filter, but im sure someone could help you with a schematic and then the right value inductor to order.

Also, expect to wait 10 days for your stuff from futurlec. There are other places, like mouser.com or electronic-goldmine.com, but the former has a very confusing website and the latter has a $10 minimum order.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
It was me who gave you the link.

My Radioshack has the TL021 inductor you need...I'm pretty sure.
And Radioshack will order any part you need, for free, to their store. Check their website, see if it's up there.

EDIT: Also, if you look around some more on that link I gave you...There are other diagrams which also cut mids, and DO tell you the correct values for parts.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at May 1, 2008,