Hey fellas, kinda bored at the moment, and my friend and I are really spending alot of time thinking about our existence and such. We'd like to pick up some suggestions for music to give us some inspiration and open new avenues of introspection for us. We've been looking into the psychedelic and 70's folk scene, and were looking for some new stuff in those genres.

Any stuff would be appreciated.
Basically, you want music to get high to?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by rockinlespaul
Hey fellas, kinda bored at the moment, and my friend and I are really spending alot of time thinking about our existence and such. We'd like to pick up some suggestions for music to give us some inspiration and open new avenues of introspection for us. We've been looking into the psychedelic and 70's folk scene, and were looking for some new stuff in those genres.

Any stuff would be appreciated.

I like modest mouse. They have some deep songs I guess..
There's no way we can give you songs that will make you look further into yourself, we don't know you. You have to find that on your own.
Firdous E Bareen - Isis
Altered Course - Isis
Pink Floyd - Breathe
Pink Floyd - Time/Breathe Reprise
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Pink Floyd - Any Colour You Like
Rush - La Villa Strangiato
Pelican - Forecast for Today
Pelican - Mammoth

i dunno nothing straight up represents what i think about that **** but instrumentals do the trick better than words. most of those are instrumentals
Close To The Edge by Yes should do well.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Listen to some Tool.

Parabol/Parabola is sort of existential, I suppose.
Quote by stringmagician
There's no way we can give you songs that will make you look further into yourself, we don't know you. You have to find that on your own.

Fair point, but I figure songs have a pretty universal effect on most people.
lolz
I call the band I'm in "an existential post-punk" band because our lyrics have mostly to do with existence and human nature...
/*****

try some Death
like, all the albums from Human onwards

not really 70s folk rock but it might be what you're looking for
Most '70s folk is rather shallow and has a pretty limited scope of things. Can't give you anything. Like stringmagician before me this be your job.
Frank Zappa and/or early Cream FTW

Cause' the rainbow has a beard
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Buckethead's "Population Override" album
Comets On Fire
King Crimson
Kinski
Kyuss
Nebula
Soundgarden
The Stranglers
Tool

and, of course, the Wu-Tang Clan
you'll thank me later.
The queen of all existential bands...Air Supply. Lots and lots of Air Supply. That catchy lil' number about being void of love has been known to tug on many a 40 year old mother's heartstrings.
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Taylor 410ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Blackheart Little Giant
Zakk Wylde Wah
Fulltone FullDrive 2
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone GT500
Fulltone TTE
Boss Metal Zone
Line 6 Delay Modeler