ok so i got a dilema here. ok i can pick my pinch harmonics right and i know iam doing them right but something about my guitar is not lettin it break free. like the note comes then it jsut deadens before it gets that real squeal. me and my dad have came to the conculsion that it is my guitar. now my question for you guys is what possible could be the problem with it.

it had a floyd rose locking tremelo its a seven string also if that helps any.
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.
i pretty sure thats not it. cuase my dad can hit them on his gutiars but on mine its just blah lol.
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.
Every guitar is a little different in terms on pinch harmonics. It just takes a while to get used to.
well then from wat u are saying its me liek there is no possible way it could be my guitar.

oh and there is a werid buzz it has to.
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.
From the amp or the guitar itself?

It could be your guitar, but it's extremely unlikely.
welll hmmm u sure its nothing with the trust rods or the frets buzzing out .
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.
you need a lot of gain (if it's your amp and not the guitar). it's unlikely that it is the guitar.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
only reason i think it is. is because the guy that had it before me kept rly ****ty care of it.
My Gear
B.C. Rich Virgin
Line 6 Spider 50w.
Make sure you aren't using your neck pickup, add more gain, etc.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
^ Agreed, you've got to hit the harmonic nodes to get the loudest, clearest sound. I don't really bother using pinches much, but I can do them no problem on an acoustic or even classical guitar - believe me, you can play them on any guitar with a bit of practice, gain or no gain.