Page 1 of 2
So I've been debating on whether I should go to the high school dance coming up with my gf... she'll be lonely if I don't, but on the other hand I can't stand the hip hop/rap/whatever they play nowadays (I listen to classic rock). But my question to the pit is (if I go): what do they actually do at these dances (the motions), and what is basically expected from everyone? I can't really imagine "dancing" to the crap they play.

Btw, my school is about 50% white, 50% other ethnic groups (lots of arabs), and from what I've heard they usually only play one slow song, near the end.
Quote by The Picker
grinding

agreed. that makes up for the crappy music
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Well, you just go there, talk to people, dance (hence the name) and have fun. And seeing as how your girlfriend will be there it kinda is your obligation to go.
Just save yourself some trouble and rub your genetalia up against your gf's backside while listening to the latest #1 single on the billboard charts.
kill all humans
Quote by Platodium
So I've been debating on whether I should go to the high school dance coming up with my gf... she'll be lonely if I don't, but on the other hand I can't stand the hip hop/rap/whatever they play nowadays (I listen to classic rock). But my question to the pit is (if I go): what do they actually do at these dances (the motions), and what is basically expected from everyone? I can't really imagine "dancing" to the crap they play.

Btw, my school is about 50% white, 50% other ethnic groups (lots of arabs), and from what I've heard they usually only play one slow song, near the end.

What does that have to do with anything?

Do it for her. It's only one night. Don't let your musical tastes stop you from having a decent time with your girl.
I had to decide the same things a few weeks ago. I faced the music (litterally), went, and didn't have the best time but I didn't really care. Don't take it too seriously.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Take E and go crazy hahaha but ya everyones basicly got an ass in their crotch
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
Quote by ferretman
If you don't go with her, she'll be grinded/ ground by other dudes

unless shes ugly
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
You should ask whoever is playing the music to play a cumbia.

Easyist thing ever!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
I went to prom. The music wasn't great, and I went in a group of four, me and my date, and my friend and his date, who was friends with my date. None of us knew how to dance, but we had one hell of a time. My friend and I made a two-man kickline ( don't remember why) and our dates just did our own thing. I probably made an ass of myself, but it was fun. And we weren't, and aren't (to my misfortune) going out...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
o whatever. who cares about the music only the girls dance to the music. u just wipe your johnson in their asses and call it dancing.

Quote by Twist of fate
High school dances today have to be the most ignorant and stupid social events ever

Someone got rejected...
Dancing is fun, not matter what the music.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i ahte rap music, and i don't have a girlfriend, yet i got to every dance my highshcool has. Why? IT'S FUN!!!
believe it or not, theres a reason they play that hip hop and rap crap, because its a hell of alot easier to dance (read: grind) to then classic rock. And grinding, next to mosh pits, is the funnest form of dance ever invented.
So go, grind on your girlfriend until your dick falls off, hook up with her some, and have a great time.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
im gonna make it simple: Go with her. I hate rap/hip-hop crap A LOT but because i like my gf A LOT ill make sacrifices. Better to go, hate the music, but love being with her then not going, listening to your own music, and having her upset because you didnt go. Deal with it... cuz like RPGoof said... you never know what will happen after...
Just grind, get a little drunk, a little blazed, and a little booty.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Who cares about the music...it's not like your ears will bleed if you have to listen to it for a couple hours. Take 30 minute bathroom breaks a few times and you'll be set.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Twist of fate
High school dances today have to be the most ignorant and stupid social events ever

+100%
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Learn to dance fool, surely the only thing you probably know how to do is bob/rock your head back and forth. And its sad

And if you don't go, trust me your girlfriend wont be lonely if there are guys there that can dance.

I go to clubs every week or so, and it's fun you should do it more often, classic rock aint the only genre thats good to listen to.
at one of my schools dances they played stairway to heaven it was the most retarded dj ever. everyone just kind of left and went to the bath room and got drinks and stuff because it's impossible to dance to stairway. hell you can't even slowdance to it well
Quote by IloveMIDGETS!
at one of my schools dances they played stairway to heaven it was the most retarded dj ever. everyone just kind of left and went to the bath room and got drinks and stuff because it's impossible to dance to stairway. hell you can't even slowdance to it well

Doesn't really matter since we're actually talking about dance songs from bands that they used to play like Ozzy and Bon Jovi and Journey. They hardly ever played zeppelin anyway and that DJ must know nothing about how to entertain at dances. Sure stairway is a great song but you just can't do anything with it

And now I wonder, did I make a point here or not?
*checks*
No...
dude you'll hate the rap and **** until you go there and grind all up in that, then you will appreciate the rap and whatnot. as long as you have a somewhat open mind about it, you'll have a good time. think about what the girl wants too, don't be selfish. btw, make the right choice and grind that **** up all night
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Heres an idea, put aside your elite superior musical taste for one night and go have fun with your GF.
Quote by The Spoon
Heres an idea, put aside your elite superior musical taste for one night and go have fun with your GF.

yes. +1

if you don't do this then you won't have fun. just focus on the beat, don't worry about how good the music is. have fun grinding.
Quote by The Spoon

*BRING BRINGGGG*
OMG! It's the PWN PHONE!

TS, it's for you!
Quote by IloveMIDGETS!
o whatever. who cares about the music only the girls dance to the music. u just wipe your johnson in their asses and call it dancing.

I seriously lol'ed at that one

Really though, who the hell dances to classic rock? Just go there and have fun. Modern Rap is basically this generation's dance music. And if the music really matters to you contact the DJ ahead of time and request a few songs.
Quote by IloveMIDGETS!
*BRING BRINGGGG*
OMG! It's the PWN PHONE!

TS, it's for you!

lol, thx for the reponses guys, I was edging to go and now I probably will for sure (did the pit just alter an opinion :O). Btw, I don't think that classic rock pwns all and everything else is nub, I know you can't really dance to it, its just the rap and hip hop I can't stand, but I know that its just there for the beat in the dances mainly.
go with your girlfriend and complain about it the whole time, but make it seem like you're only going because she made you. then she'll feel guilty and whatnot and be obligated to make it up to you. it's the only way.
dances aren't all that bad, as I used to think. you don't dance, you just do like someone here said and rub your tiny semi-erect penis in spot where their butthole would be and everyone calls it dancing. and your girlfriend will have a good time.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Ask the DJ some Eagles Of Death Metal.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
usually they have slow songs, and thats what u dance to. well thats how they do it at my school
Request Johnny B Goode or some similar song. I do it every dance and they always play it. I think the DJs hate most of the music they play too, they just figure the kids like it
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
our prom was last weekend. i thought i'd hate it but if you just get into it it's not that bad. plus like everyone else said...it's all about the grinding. sometimes they play some classical songs. i'd say just go..do it for your girlfriend
...why?
Quote by RPGoof
1) Go to dance with girlfriend
2) Have sex afterwards
3) ???????
4) PROFIT!!!!!

hurray for southpark reference
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
dude bring ductape, get wood, and strap your **** to the side of your leg, not only does it make it easier for the rubby rubby but it shows your girlfriend how well you were thinking ahead
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Page 1 of 2