im wondering whether i should spend my 2grand on a JEM or a JVM410?
what would u do? i currently have a BC rich warlock NJ series and 2 custom guitars, with a 75 watt spiderIII amp.

..which one to buy...?
Buy a Mesa Roadster. Don't buy the JVM...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
While the JVM is really, really nice, I think you might could get better...

What type of music do you play? And yeah, like FLCL said, Boogies are a great way to go.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
you're an early '07er you should know this...
NEW AMP OVER NEW GUITAR--unless you have a box of twigs for a body, barbed wire for strings and a brick for a neck.

anyway, check out some ENGL amps, they make REALLY good amps.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by stratman_13
While the JVM is really, really nice, I think you might could get better...

What type of music do you play? And yeah, like FLCL said, Boogies are a great way to go.

Yeah, seeing as the JVM has incredibly inferior cleans, OD, overall tone, and build quality, the Roadster is a much better alternative...

I used to own one actually, and I got rid of it. Do I miss it?

Not at all!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
What exactly are these 2 "custom" guitars? Are they crappy DIY jobs, or nice guitars?

Either way, you should be spending at least, say... $1300 out of the 2 grand on a new amp.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah, seeing as the JVM has incredibly inferior cleans, OD, overall tone, and build quality, the Roadster is a much better alternative...

I used to own one actually, and I got rid of it. Do I miss it?

Not at all!

I didn't mind the cleans myself

and once again FLCL has to show me up
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I didn't mind the cleans myself

and once again FLCL has to show me up

I just couldn't get that bubbly sound out of them. I don't know why. I guess they just didn't appeal to me. The only way the JVM is a worthy amp is if it was priced at about 700 dollars...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
what do you play
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

engl fireball, and a scheter V?

thats what 2k can get

Cant wait till next FEB.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
new amp (ask people here)

the jump up from your current amp (while not essential, as many people here would say) is highly recommended and will make you much happier overall.

the other thing is the jem is very cosmetically distinguishable. let that idea wait for a year or so. your perception of guitars with holes in them may change over time. I mean its perfectly fine for Vai, but for everyone else its sadly distinguishable.
i have a 'white guitar'
Definitely a new amp. Playing a JEM through a digital modelling amp just seems wrong, somehow. I'm not a fan of the JVM at all though, I reckon it's a poorly thought-out, mediocre product designed purely to fill a gap in the Marshall lineup.

EDIT: Carvin V3?