Page 1 of 4
http://www.myspace.com/kathaarsys

Fucking killer band I just found. However, a couple of the songs are cut short...

"And All My Existance in Vain" is a beautiful song. (Well, from what you can hear.)

They're not only black metal, but very progressive, (and technical even,) and some doom elements as well.

EDIT: I just found a link where you can download 2 full songs.

http://music.download.com/kathaarsys/3600-8652_32-100810119.html

Thoughts?
Downloading right now, I'll edit to tell how I feel of it, but you seem to have good taste in BM, so I'll have to take your word

Goredit: Epic Pagan Times is a pretty dumb name, but the song is great, I completely ADORE this vocalist. Especially his accent on his clean vocals...

Perrenial Forest Of Winter sounds great as well, I'll probably buy something off of them at one point.

I'd also like to point out that this is one of the only bands (besides Early Opeth) to use gravelly growls well.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at May 1, 2008,
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Downloading right now, I'll edit to tell how I feel of it, but you seem to have good taste in BM, so I'll have to take your word

Goredit: Epic Pagan Times is a pretty dumb name, but the song is great, I completely ADORE this vocalist. Especially his accent on his clean vocals...

Perrenial Forest Of Winter sounds great as well, I'll probably buy something off of them at one point.

I'd also like to point out that this is one of the only bands (besides Early Opeth) to use gravelly growls well.

Hell yeah dude. I'm listening to Epic Pagan Times right now, and it's ownage. I love the vocalist too.

And I'm downloading Perrenial Forest of Winter right now.
I can't believe that they are progressive too.

I had yet to find a band that appeased me as much as Opeth have with the huge clusterfvck of genres they use.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I do like it that much

If they come out with an LP, I'm buying it, definitely very good stuff

Quote by eggsandham2
I like it too! The keys on In The Everlasting Misery were awesome.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Great stuff, I didn't expect these guys to be from Spain.

Can't seem to find their CD's though...and MA doesn't list a record label.
Amazing band, I found them myself a month or so ago.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I'm always right, diminished.

My taste in women is class

My taste in music Class +

Quote by eggsandham2
They had me at 2 albums, 3 CDs, 12 songs and 2:31:31 total play time.

I'm simple
I'm torn, I love the music of PoWaS (haha, funny acronym), especially Gnostic Seasons and the title track, but ViV has better singing and overall production...

I dunno which is better

*sigh*

Quote by eggsandham2
I'm interested in checking these guys out. MA (as fickle a bitch it may be) yields me nothing in the way of reviews. Which is the better of the two? For reason, Myspace has been nothing but a pain lately, nothing is loading.
I would say Portrait Of Wind Of Sorrow, but that is just me.
I've only listened to each twice so far though since they do require a big time commitment to seriously listen to.
Yeah, aren't each like over an hour long? That's some massive listening right there.
But so worth it, once I'm done with finals I'll be giving them more love. For now I'm addicted to the insanely calming effects of ISIS.
Good thing I like long songs then, huh? I'll be sure to check them out tomorrow.

And yeah, Isis is a great band.
Listen to songs off of the first album.

Namely: Gnostic Seasons, Title Track (Portait of Wind and Sorrow)

Quote by eggsandham2
Yeah it's worse, but ViV has good production, so I don't know what you're on about, to be honest

And, BS, check out PoWaS, it's slightly better than ViV, imo.

Quote by eggsandham2
I got done listening to Portrait for the first time through. I wasn't all that impressed, truth be told.

But I'm listening to it again, and things seem to be picking up. Maybe I just caught it at a bad time...?

But really, the clean singing is just...ugh. How about on the second album?
It's a bit better, but to be honest, I like the clean singing *shrug*

I guess you caught it at a bad time, I like it.

Quote by eggsandham2
Some of the transitions seem like "what the hell?", kind of like Orchid. Although, coming from me, that ought to be a good thing.

And yeah, I think I did catch it at a bad time, indeed. Listening to the title track, and of a sudden the clean singing doesn't sound so bad, and the riffs, better.

This will probably grow on me.

Yes...

Yes...

Sorry, I really like this band. The titles on the second album are kinda lol-worthy

"The Revenge of The Old Spirit Will Never Arrive"

Awesome.

Quote by eggsandham2
Production on ViV is terrible The vocals are too sparse with no where near enough reverb to sound evil, the bass is buried, and the guitar tone sounds like it was recorded with a Fender Squire into a Magnum 15 watt amp.

Sorry, just not grabbing me.
Well, considering the price this cost to make, it is very good.

Do you really want to get into a PRODUCTION arguement with me ?

The bass isn't "buried" it's just a bit harder to allocate, also, the only thing I found wrong is that there are too many blastbeats on the first album. Beyond that, it's an open hi-hat/crash cymbal ride that is making the album sound so "blagh" drop the Hz on the album a bit and it sounds quite a bit more...

Open.

Quote by eggsandham2
That doesn't mean it's bad, honestly I like the production on ViV.

On PoWaS it sounds like an Emperor album (production wise...)

Goredit: For sheer randominity:

Can I get that GP key, Mags ?

Quote by eggsandham2
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at May 11, 2008,

Pwetty Please.

Quote by eggsandham2
Yeah...

About that, I used up the demo.

Do I have to clean it out of my computer, or what?

(Also in my reply)

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Yeah...

About that, I used up the demo.

Do I have to clean it out of my computer, or what?

(Also in my reply)

You shouldn't have to. I reinstalled it anyways when I stumbled upon a code.

On topic: Awesome band. Loving the song lengths.

PS. I like the production and clean vocals.
Wait, so I have to reinstall it, then what?

Quote by eggsandham2
Wasn't too impressed with the Black Metal segments of their songs but the clean parts are done very well. I'll give it a 2nd listen and see if I missed something.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
Page 1 of 4