i made quite a lot of these but thisll prolly be my last one cuz im goin to GC tomorow.

i need a good Bridge pickup for my HSS strat. Im gonna play mainly only Pop/Punk and some "heavier" emo stuff. so good highs, good mids, and some decent lows.

and also i own a JB jr and a Hot rail and im gonna put those in as well so if someone recomends me a pickup that will sound good with one of those in the middle pickup position that would be cool as well.

I am thinking : Gibson Dirty Fingers, Seymour Duncan Custom Sh-5, Duncan Invader(i like dirty crunchy cleans), or Dimarzio X2N.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP I GET!
well if you want a really basic punk rock crunch get the x2n. if you want way too much gain with a huge mess of feedback (still a great pickup) get the invader. if you want a grindy chunk with higher tone get the dirty fingers. if you shred get the sh5.
EMG 99 yeah...
that would be a dumb joke for two reasons figure them out.

second Heavy and emo don't go together

As for pickups i'd recommend Bareknuckles pm tim on their forums.

but out of those choices i'd say invader but maybe the x2n
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
EMG 99 yeah...
that would be a dumb joke for two reasons figure them out.

second Heavy and emo don't go together

As for pickups i'd recommend Bareknuckles pm tim on their forums.

but out of those choices i'd say invader but maybe the x2n

aha thats why i put the quotations "heavy"

Edit: cool cool why the invader over X2N? jw
Last edited by xfallchildx at May 1, 2008,
Quote by whosamerica
well if you want a really basic punk rock crunch get the x2n. if you want way too much gain with a huge mess of feedback (still a great pickup) get the invader. if you want a grindy chunk with higher tone get the dirty fingers. if you shred get the sh5.

i was told shredding would work well with the X2n as well right?
anything can "shred" but sh-5 is made for it hence the "SH"red

and i like invader more cuz i'm a metalhead so it fits my playing better.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Emg!!!
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by underoath0902
Emg!!!

your kidding right.

First off wrong sound for what hes looking for. second active DOESN'T work with passive.
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
anything can "shred" but sh-5 is made for it hence the "SH"red

...You're kidding me, right? You don't honestly believe that, right?
And the SH-5 is not the pickup I would choose for shred.

Quote by BAoxymoron
and i like invader more cuz i'm a metalhead so it fits my playing better.

Hm. Well, the Invader is pretty muddy...so I guess your playing requires a lack of clarity?
Quote by forsaknazrael
...You're kidding me, right? You don't honestly believe that, right?
And the SH-5 is not the pickup I would choose for shred.

Hm. Well, the Invader is pretty muddy...so I guess your playing requires a lack of clarity?

first off notice the quotation marks.

second from what i used it for it sounded pretty good now that was for 30 min of messing around on a amp at GC so you maybe right... honestly the only pickups i have used numerous times... loved and thus now own are Bareknuckles and EMGs
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
first off notice the quotation marks.

Either way, still not a "shred" pickup. Most shredding is done on the neck, AFAIK, and the SH-5 is strictly a bridge pickup.

Quote by xfallchildx
So which humbucker do u think i should decide on
Already said it. Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom.

Don't put the JB Jr. in the guitar, either. Way too hot, probably would sound shrill, anyway...
Why do you want that and the Hot Rails in there, anyway?
Last edited by forsaknazrael at May 1, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Already said it. Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom.

Don't put the JB Jr. in the guitar, either. Way too hot, probably would sound shrill, anyway...
Why do you want that and the Hot Rails in there, anyway?

just for a little versatality so maybe i can use the guitar for some steve vai stuff or something else maybe blues.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why won't the single coils be fine for Blues?

And the Hot Rails isn't going to make it suitable for Vai, anyway...

hmm aight im a noob still and im just wodnering, what you reccomend for some versatality? (single pickups)

cuz that fat strat is the only guitar my schecter is mainly metal
dimarzio norton
dimarzio super distortion
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
dirty fingers would be perfect. its seems alot of modern punky kind of guys use them. gibson pups are very expensive though. you cant go wrong with anything thats pretty modern output.
Dimarzio Breed or SH-11 Custom Custom.

I have the breed in the bridge of my RG321, and it has smooth highs, super punchy mids, and tight bass.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by xfallchildx
hmm aight im a noob still and im just wodnering, what you reccomend for some versatality? (single pickups)

cuz that fat strat is the only guitar my schecter is mainly metal

A Fat Strat with a Custom Custom in the bridge would be plenty versatile. You got your crunch and rhythm from your bridge humbucker, switch it to your neck/middle for your leads and hit a boost, then use your neck single coil for cleans. You're pretty much set.

Besides, Fender stock single coil pickups are decent, no need to really change them out, IMO. It's not like your amp has the great cleans, so you won't be taking advantage of anything, really.

Oh, and as mentioned, you'd need the trembucker version, since you have a Fender. So actually, grab the Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom Custom.
Quote by forsaknazrael
A Fat Strat with a Custom Custom in the bridge would be plenty versatile. You got your crunch and rhythm from your bridge humbucker, switch it to your neck/middle for your leads and hit a boost, then use your neck single coil for cleans. You're pretty much set.

Besides, Fender stock single coil pickups are decent, no need to really change them out, IMO. It's not like your amp has the great cleans, so you won't be taking advantage of anything, really.

Oh, and as mentioned, you'd need the trembucker version, since you have a Fender. So actually, grab the Seymour Duncan TB-11 Custom Custom.

wait so, for fender strats you have to get a trembucker? whats the difference? so i have to get a tb-11 not a sh-11? im confused
it will still work, but the Trembucker is better.

from Duncan's site:

application
High output humbucker for use in bright guitars. Great for pop, country, blues, classic rock and heavy rock.

description
The Custom CustomTM is our SH-5 Duncan CustomTM humbucker with an Alnico II magnet for warm and smooth highs, more midrange, and a spongier bottom end than the SH-5. It's a good choice for players who need a traditional vintage tone with increased output. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.
It's gotta be a DiMarzio Super Distortion. The best pickup ever made. Period.
Quote by BAoxymoron
your kidding right.

First off wrong sound for what hes looking for. second active DOESN'T work with passive.

gosh it was kinda a joke...im obsessed with them...Sense Of Humor: You Can Do It Too! join the group...
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.