AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!!!

Hi everyone,

Name's Dilbus McD. I love my metal. I worship my metal. I have a problem though. The only music I WANT to be able to play is hardcore riffage ****, but I only know some basic **** on guitar and I lack in hand-hand co-ordination. I know some scales and stuff but I don't even know where to begin in my learning of the guitar art.
Can someone please help me out? Put me onto some good songs/bands to learn from? Just some easy stuff though, and hopefully I can opull something out of my ass all in good time. Cheers,

Dilbus
if your name is really dilbus... then you're screwed.
just kidding. i suggest lessons, since i would assume the assignments the teacher would give you and whatnot would motivate you to some extent, so hopefully you could get better.
sincerely,
daniel
Quote by elgordo

Dilbus

*Reported* There's no need for this.

Regarding music, you'll have to practice. Metal is usually hard and requires a lot of fast picking.

Why do you object to learning simple stuff? You wouldn't want to add some more mellow stuff to contrast the heavy parts a la Opeth?
Haha Dilbus didnt really strike me as funny until somebody got reported for laughing at it. Hmmm, harcore metal riffage. As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Children of Bodom, Mastodon. The list is practically endless. Happy riffing \m/
SuperSpytotally sneaky
Practice scales. But you really need to practice music that isn't **** hardcore riffage, or whatever you called it, to get your abilities up first. If you want some simple solos try going through these:

Californication - RHCP
Say it Ain't So - Weezer
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (First Solo)
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (Second Solo)
Dope Nose - Weezer
Fade to Black - Metallica

Take them one at a time and in order. Each solo should more or less get progressively harder but you really need to just generally practice all kinds of stuff in between. Expand your interests because if your plan is to just pick up a guitar and play Eruption or something, you're gonna find yourself in a pretty difficult position.