Ok, I bought this guitar thinking that it was awesome, and so Ive been play it for a couple months now, and so far, its nothing but stress.

It pickups pick up every little thing, it has even picked up my voice sometimes. Some of the 3 pickups have feedback and they sometimes pick up other string harmonics. I played a first act, and its pickups were ok for the cheap guitar it was.

Another thing is the neck and body. Its neck is really narrow and its body is not acoustically great.

This is a AXL Badwater guitar with EMG pickups. I got it for $180 ($200 AXL Retail).

I am wanting some advice, if I should upgrade it or just trade it in for another guitar. What should I do?
Guitar Gear>->

AXL Stratocaster (with EMG pickups)
Crate GTD15 Amp (small but loud as crud)
DigiTech RP50 Modeling Processor
Electro-Harmonics Big Muff Pi

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
Turn down the tone knob. But seriously, for $180... I'm not surprised by this. Next time try to remember the old Chinese proverb. Buy expensive, cry once.
Last edited by the spiker at May 1, 2008,
*facepalm*

1. Axl Guitars are better than First Act
2. I dont think the badwater series has 3 pickups
3. There is no way it picked up your voice
4. If the body and neck are too narrow,you should have considered that before you bought it.
It can't pick up your voice. It picks up the electric signals caused when the strings vibrate...
Space reserved for cool quotes.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
3. There is no way it picked up your voice

Note true, mine pick up my voice when you talk into them, in a loud voice that is, Hagstrom Super Swede reissue.
pickups are able to pick up voice. It resonates the windings in the pickups. Listen to Dead and Bloated by stone temple pilots..... Weiland is screaming into deleos Les Paul
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Try lowering the pups first. Second don't yell at your guitar.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by RandyRhoads2

2. I dont think the badwater series has 3 pickups

4. If the body and neck are too narrow,you should have considered that before you bought it.

Yeah, its got three, 1 bridge and 2 other small ones.

And back when I got it, I really didn't know how to test out a guitar, so my bad for not knowing how electric guitars worked back then.
Guitar Gear>->

AXL Stratocaster (with EMG pickups)
Crate GTD15 Amp (small but loud as crud)
DigiTech RP50 Modeling Processor
Electro-Harmonics Big Muff Pi

I'm a member of the EHX Guild, and proudly use the Big Muff Pi as my distortion.
So you bought a guitar worth probably about $50 with pickups worth probably about $150.

There's your problem.
the problem is easy to sort, what you do (so i have read) is fill the pickups with wax, which stops the coils moving by themselves. You can do it at home, with a cooker, a pot full of water and an empty tin can (eg: baked beans tin). The process is called POTTING and is standard practice with most quality pickups. i'll try and find a link..

Edit: A quick googling threw up: http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/electrical/index.php
Last edited by jimRH7 at May 2, 2008,
The pickups are EMG Designed people!

So some slave made em in a sweatshop with emgs castoff plans!

Hence why they probably squeal like piggies!

Im not gonna bother reccomending a pickup change, get a new guitar, i read the specs of the AXL on their website, and for that price, WTF are they thinking?! I think you should sell it and scab some money from your mum or dad and go to www.rondomusic.com and look at the agiles, the bang for you buck is unreal!

My 2 cents..

Jay