Page 1 of 2
...Your guitar?

Now that I have an actual job, I find that I have less and less time to play mine and keep thinking that if I don't, I'll forget how to play a bunch of stuff.

So how about you?
During exams - pretty much never
During vacation - at least a few hours on the average day, although this is usually while talking and/or watching TV. I multitask.
I try to aim for at least 45 minutes a day. Unfortunately, most of that time is spent just douching around while watching TV.
every free moment i have goes to making the metal !!!!!!
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I don't play as much as I used to when I first started, I'm a lot busier nowadays. Although some days I play a lot.

I'd say on average I play 2-3 hours a day.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I've been losing inspiration lately, but I try to play at least half an hour anyway. The most I've ever played is like 2 hours in one sitting. I honestly have no clue how people can play it 5 hours a day. That's just...like, borderline OCD haha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by Doppelgänger
I try to aim for at least 45 minutes a day. Unfortunately, most of that time is spent just douching around while watching TV.

Your water bill must be through the roof.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Almost all the time, but I'm finding myself grabbing the guitar even when I don't feel like playing. I'm trying to have a full week off, so I can come back and be twice as good. (From experience, everything you learn like, becomes second nature if you take a good break off of it).
its not that hard. u just dont ever stop. the longest ive played straight is about 7 hours. i get how people play that long. i just dont get how they could do it every day
Lately, not much. I'd really like to just sit down and practice/play for hours, but I can't anymore. My playing has really suffered, though.
Pound for pound, I am the most vicious of all.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
shenanigans

Speak of the Devil
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

2-4 hours a day, off and on.

More now that I'm not in school.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Yeah, it's awful once you have an actual life and a job. I went from playing 3 hours a day in high school, to 2 hours a day after that while I was still a loser living with my parents, to 1 during college, and now I play like 3 hours a week since I work, am taking more classes, have a relationship, and have found social life. I do miss it though.
probably about 3-5 hours a week... not really a whole lot of time to
According to wiki FAP really stands for familial adenomatous polyposis, a type of colon cancer.
--------------
Ibanez SZ720
Randall RG75D
--------------
Me Playing Stuff: Here
A freakin' lot.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
outside of school from 0 - 2 hours playing guitar
in school.. 2- 3 hours of air guitar
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
I try to spend at least an hour or so a day with the ax. I just pick it up when the mood takes me or when I want to go learn a riff or song.
Whenever I walk by my guitar lol. gotta pick it up
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
Whenever I walk by my guitar lol. gotta pick it up

Amen. I'm like that too.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
As I've progressed I've realized the less I play the more aggrivated I get at ****. So I try to play alot because it's what makes me happy. My hands have betrayed my old life of video games.

Masterbation first. The Guitar. Then Video Games.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
In all honesty, all day when I get home. Even though I have work and school, guitar helps me relax. Video games too, just not as much as I used to.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Depends on if I'm learning something or not. I'm usually really lazy when it comes to looking for something to learn, and when I finish learning something, I'll play the **** out of it, then put the guitar down for about a week straight. After that, I get really annoyed that I can't play what I just learn and tell myself not to do it again. Alas, the cycle still goes on to this day.

So when I'm working on something, 1-2 hours day. When I'm not, maybe 30 minutes at the most.
all the time, easily two hours a day, when i take it to school about 5, 2 at scholl and another 3 at home, on the weekends not as much, maybe an hour a day, durring summer vacation, alot like 3 or 4 hours a day, but lately i've been playing piano and keyboard alot, because i got a midi keyboard and reason, so thats eating away some of my time. plus i'm learning drums, so if you include all instruments, then i spend about 3-5 hours a day making music. yup im a music nerd.
Like a few times a week for 30 minutes each time, but I probably haven't picked it up once in the last two weeks. Haven't had the time/motivation lately.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
ive been playing for the past 2 hours strait, with just a few pit stops.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I try to play a good amount each week. I'm not saying each day, just through-out the week. I also find that when I stop for a few days, then get back, whatever I had learned is now increased ten-fold in skill.

It actually fluctuates. Many different variables determine how long I play through-out my week/day.
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
Quote by Zugunruhe
ive been playing for the past 2 hours strait, with just a few pit stops.

If it weren't for band practice today, I still probably would have been playing now.

I usually play for a looooong period of time after I do something that I had been trying to do for a long period of time (in today's case, the sweeping in Turn Soonest to the Sea- PtH)
at the moment like 10 minutes a day... got my final exams starting on monday, therefore I have to spend most of my time studying (even though I play basketball at least 1 hour a day, otherwise I can't concentrate). When I'm done in 3 weeks, I'll play guitar and basketball for a few hours each day ^^
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by zombie_monster
If it weren't for band practice today, I still probably would have been playing now.

I usually play for a looooong period of time after I do something that I had been trying to do for a long period of time (in today's case, the sweeping in Turn Soonest to the Sea- PtH)
yea, ive been working on asilios magdalena. its kept me busy. i should be studying for an archaeology test, but im not.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Not often enough. I used to play like 2 or more hours a day after school and I was getting really good and loving it. Then I broke my finger and I couldn't play for like 8 weeks. My finger's been healed for 2 months now but I just don't have the drive to play anymore and it sucks. I'm playing like twice a week now and I suck but I'm slowly getting back into it.
I haven't played in a good month . I really like playing guitar, but it's like I just lost the motivation to play it. I just waste my time on here. I'm too lazy to do other things to. I need some motivation.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I spend more time playing violin than I do for guitar. But I'd say around 30 minutes per day. I'm very busy.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I try for 2 hours of productive practice a day. I dick around a lot too...
Page 1 of 2