The time has come. I have used a little Roland Microcube for the past half year, and need something bigger and badder. I play mostly thrash-death metal. I would prefer something like a half stack, but wouldn't mind something that's not. My budget is about $2000-$2500.

Thanks.
have you shopped around at all? mesa, marshall, budda, orange, all make unreal amps
Engl Powerball or Mesa Mark IV.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Practice mostly. I don't play in a band but I occasionally play in front of people (nothing big, just friends/relatives ect)
Quote by obvs
Practice mostly. I don't play in a band but I occasionally play in front of people (nothing big, just friends/relatives ect)

In that case you could look into an Engl Screamer combo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lDJ9MqMulFc

Mew rike?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
You could go for a Mesa Dual rec and maybe a 2X12 cab.
a 4X12 isn't really necessary unless you're playing large venues.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Say what you will, but Mesa is way overrated, for that price get something with some actual personality. Brunetti, Rivera, ENGL, Diezel, even a Bogner if that's what you're into. Also VHT is tight and same with Soldano. Those are the best names I can think of, but they will definitely max your budget, look at Ebay once you pick one.
I think I'll go to a few guitar shops to get a better view of things here. Will keep in mind Soldano, Rivera, ENGL, VHT, Peavey 6505 and the EVH 5150 III.

Thanks all.
2.5k... hmmmmm, go out and get yourself a second hand mesa boogie dual rectafier
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
It seems there are a lot of negative reviews about Mesa Boogie rectifiers floating around on the net.
Quote by obvs
It seems there are a lot of negative reviews about Mesa Boogie rectifiers floating around on the net.

Well they do have their downfalls, you know. I personally am not a fan of the rectifiers.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
Probably best to play around with things yourself. I suggest being all like, "I want to buy today".

I can't really help you as I like completely different stuff to you. Good luck though.
I made you a cookie but I eated it.