Ok, so right now I'm pretty pissed, and wondering if you guys could help. I've been looking for an Edwards E-RV-138, well, I emailed Ishibi music or however you spell it, and they told me that the last shipment of the instrument would arrive in July. After that the line would be canceled. So I'm pretty much ticked, because this guitar had everything I wanted, and I'm not going to be able to shell out the cash by then, and there's no way I'm going to ask my parents for it. I really want to buy my next guitar with money I earn. I suppose there is always a chance of getting one off ebay when I have the cash, but I'm afraid that as soon as they're discontinued the price will shoot up like a rocket, and then I can't get one.

So my question is, can you guys recommend me something roughly inside these specs?

-OFR
-Preferably RR shaped. V is ok.
-EMG or Blackouts standard
-Price range will probably be about $1,100-$1,300

That's really all I want. I mean it just ticks me off, because just a day or two ago I felt like I FINALLY had my guitar in sight, and now I have a bad feeling it's going to be even harder to obtain.

Also, what is your guy's input on the price AFTER it's discontinued? Do you guys think it will go up or do you think it will hover at a still reasonable price? I'm not really against buying used, but there's never a used one up on ebay. What's really a bite is the fact that I'll probably have the cash by August, only a month after the final shipment.
Last edited by edusty2010 at May 2, 2008,
Jackson RR24 or Schecter Hellraiser V-1 FR.

Theres more I'm sure, but those are off the top of my head.
Quote by metalman89
Jackson RR24 or Schecter Hellraiser V-1 FR.

Theres more I'm sure, but those are off the top of my head.

+1

Also there is meant to be a Jackson RR5 with a trem if you want the 2 pick up shebang. It's a new model so.... may take a while to hit the stores.
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. Sorry if in my initial post I came off as a dick, it was really late and for me that was a really ****ty email to get.

The RR24 I've actually been considering, it's just I need to play one because my guitar has to be somewhat versatile. The one pup thing kinda makes me nervous about that, but I'm not ruling it out.

The with the Schecter the only thing that stops me from buying it is the neck; ever since I've played a few other guitars besides my own I've realized how my neck is actually too fat. I mean it's comfortable but it really slows me down. Yes, I've done side by side tests with a few friends guitars, and the difference is unreal.

About the new RR5, could you link me to a place with some more info? I'm not trying to be a jerk or saying you're lying, but like what's it going to cost? What pickups is it going to have? I don't really like white guitars, what's the color choice?

Also, I've specifically thought about (if I can find nothing else) asking Agile to use the Reaper shape and make me something along the lines of a neck-thru with an OFR and EMG's, but I don't know how much that will cost because they don't make the reaper with a neck-thru. But I will definitely be looking on eBay for a few used Edwards if i can't get the money quickly enough. I did find out today that it may be possible if I get a job NOW. I'm going into town tomorrow and I'm going to fill out a few applications and hope for the best. I know a few of you will despise me for this, but I may even put my amp on hold to get this if I have to.
How about getting an Alexi of some sort?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
How about getting an Alexi of some sort?

I would, but again, the one pickup thing kinda scares me

I play in my schools jazz band, so I mean if it's one pup ok, but it has to sound good when clean too.

I suppose I could always just drop the pickup for concerts or something...

But if I got a one pup guitar it'd be the RR24.
u can buy a RR3 for 650$ and then put in EMGs or blackouts and an OFR for about 1300 i think
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
u can buy a RR3 for 650$ and then put in EMGs or blackouts and an OFR for about 1300 i think

The RR3 has perfectly good pickups. Actually, I think that it has a Duncan Jazz pickup in the neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hit up guitarjapan.com with an email. And make sure you ask for the E-RV-148. That's their newest model. I don't think there's any real difference though. I'm pretty sure guitarjapan has a cheaper shipping cost than Ishibashi too.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Hit up guitarjapan.com with an email. And make sure you ask for the E-RV-148. That's their newest model. I don't think there's any real difference though. I'm pretty sure guitarjapan has a cheaper shipping cost than Ishibashi too.

So wait, the 148 IS NOT going to be discontinued? Just the 138? I'm so confused, I just checked the site, there's only the 148 please explain... It would truly mean the world to me.

Because I asked about the 138 (that's the only one I see on ebay...) and she said the 148 will be taken out of the edwards lineup... So I'm really f'n confused right now...

What's the difference between them? I'm gonna compare the specs on ebay (138) and on the official site (148).
Last edited by edusty2010 at May 2, 2008,
OK, so far the specs (from what I can gather) are the same, and they cost about the same too... So is it just that they're changing the number or something and the lady got it confused? I don't really give a flying you know what about the number; I just want the damn guitar. I mean if it's discontinued fine I'll start watching eBay and if nothing pops up then I'll buy something else, but if it's just the number changing I don't get why the lady didn't inform me that there were two versions of this guitar and ONE was being discontinued (probably because they wanted my money, they were going to over charge me anyway. Ordering from them would've meant I wouldn't have had it until mid summer or later and I would've had to shell out over $1,500. I'm sorry, but I can't pay that much for a guitar right now, and I don't intend to until I consider myself in need of a guitar that expensive, and at that point I'll probably just start going to custom shops anyway.)

Seriously guys, anyone know what's up with this? Because the 148 is listed on the Edwards site (which leads me to believe if it was going to be discontinued they'd at least have marked it somehow) but there is no 138, which makes me think the lady got her numbers mixed up.
Quote by edusty2010

About the new RR5, could you link me to a place with some more info? I'm not trying to be a jerk or saying you're lying, but like what's it going to cost? What pickups is it going to have? I don't really like white guitars, what's the color choice?

Sadly, not much detail has been disclosed about it other than it's a Jackson 2008 new model. I'll link you to as much stuff as possible, I only read brief mentions on this very forum.

GAK

UG Thread about Jackson Guitars
Hmmm... The RR5FR sounds enticing but at over 1000 euro I'll never be able to afford it.

So I guess I'm going to email Ishibi again and ask if there was an error or something, I'll probably have to wait a few days, but no body seems to know here. Thanks to everyone who's helped along the line

If you know anything about the E-RV-1(3/4)8 either post it here or pm me if possible.