Hey Guys,

Okay, I've found both of the above guitars on my local craigslist for a fair price, so I'm going to buy one. The problem is I can only afford one, so I ask UG!

MG-40 = $150

DST-2 = $250

I'll be playing a mix of shred, classic rock, modern rock, and prog (and a little dream theater every now and again.)

I have a Blackheart BH-5 half stack so I'm good there for a while (I just play at home.)

I'm going to try out one, if not both, of the guitars tomorrow, but I'd rather not drive the extra about 45 miles between the two, then possibly back to make the purchase, hence the real reason for my post. Where should I go first?

I'm leaning towards the Washburn, as it's a little cheaper, but will spend on the DST-2 if the speed loader is really all that special, I just really don't see spending another $100.00 usd on a trem I can only buy one brand of strings for, and I think some single-coils would do my sound some good (my only current guitar has two hum-buckers.)

What do you think is better?

John
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
washburn. i have a washburn SS40 and it's spectac. i've had to replace one thing so far, the potentiometer, in the 5 and a half years I've had it. overall a solid brand, and i'm thinking it will fit your style well, although that list is pretty encompassing..
Gear List:
Jackson DKMG Dinky Cobalt-Blue
Washburn EA8B Cutaway
Line 6 Spider II 112
Jekyll & Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss RC20-XL Looper Station
im leaning towards the washburn here, as i have an MG-70 and its beautiful. Been used by so many people, obviously gigged in the past and it still works great.
Quote by Dark_Merlin
im leaning towards the washburn here, as i have an MG-70 and its beautiful. Been used by so many people, obviously gigged in the past and it still works great.

Yeah, this one is used too, but any thing I seem to be able to find about them says they rock socks. A pup change and your good to go.

Thanks for the replies,
More advice is always welcome.

John

EDIT: My current guitar is a LTD H-200, a decent Korean guitar, but far from great. Does the all the stuff with out the trim fine. The pups could be better, but not bad. Sustain is it's weakest point (probably due to the body wood.) All in all an okay sound. Have dealt with it for about 2 years.

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Last edited by jb_designs at May 2, 2008,
!BUMP!

Sorry to double post, but I'm going to bed and I wanted all of you english gurus to look over my deal to see if I'm sane, if you don't mind.

And Dirk Gentley, since he knows everything, has a good ear, and wakes up in the New York Area before me. (Cheers to another UGer at work.)

What do you guys think? Could you get them over there? What's the deal if you know?

John

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.