Hey everybody. I'm writing an essay for my English class on freedom, and I need a good quote that exemplifies Huck's willingness to free himself from the bigotry of society at the end of the book, and accept people for how he sees them. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by Leperaffinity01
"Well then, I'll go to Hell"

It show's how Huck no longer cares about what is deemed 'right' or 'wrong' by society. He now cares about saving, not a black slave, but his friend, Jim.

That actually might be useful, but I forgot to tell you that I need page numbers to cite for the essay, if you have them.
Quote by metallifan3091
That actually might be useful, but I forgot to tell you that I need page numbers to cite for the essay, if you have them.

Nope, sorry. But it's near the end, when Jim's been captured as Huck writes that letter home to the Widow douglas
If you need page numbers (since everyone's books that they'd be getting them from would be different, it wouldn't be useful for people here to give you the page numbers) find a PDF version of the book online, and search for the quote to find the relative position of the quote, and then find it yourself in the book.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
If you need page numbers (since everyone's books that they'd be getting them from would be different, it wouldn't be useful for people here to give you the page numbers) find a PDF version of the book online, and search for the quote to find the relative position of the quote, and then find it yourself in the book.

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
What the hell is your problem?

I was legitimately providing a way for him to find page numbers for him to cite his quotes.

Oh dear. It wasn't meant in a derrogatory or antagonizing manner. I simply 'rolled my eyes' because I already gave him a context-sensitive location of the quote. If I have offended you, my sincerest apologies.
Quote by Leperaffinity01
Oh dear. It wasn't meant in a derrogatory or antagonizing manner. I simply 'rolled my eyes' because I already gave him a context-sensitive location of the quote. If I have offended you, my sincerest apologies.

I was just confused, not offended. No worries.