Hello everybody!!

i was just wondering, since my birthday is coming up (i lied on UG) I was thinking of getting an electric guitar (no durh!) :P)
(i play acoustic for almost a year)

So i was debating between some HSS guitars (i do almost any kind of music)

Jackson JS20
or
Yamaha Starter with a Pacifica

And an amp...i was thinking:

Roland Cube...
30 watt (<--- GOOOOD..??)

Any suggestions on which to pick? or any similar stuff i should get?

I heard mixed reviews about the amp so i dunno, but i would like one with built in effects before i actaully get real pedals.
Last edited by qsceszxdwa at May 11, 2008,
Get a Roland Micro Cube not a Spider and you might want to try a HSS Mexican Stratocaster if you're looking for variety. You can get a good deal on eBay for a Strat, or even here on the Gear Ads forum.
The Cube 30X is great, if you have the money for it. Get that and the Jackson JS20. The 30X has quite decent modeling for getting different sounds.

Seriously, go buy it right now...

Trust me.
What's your budget for a guitar?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
my budget is.... umm...... as much as allah allows..
nah!
um
$400-600 usd
for both guitar +amp, and other crap like cables
The 112 is a very awesome guitar. I had to tighten the springs so that it wouldn't de-tune so easily, but other than that it works great for just about any style. I got mine a good 6-7 years ago and abused the hell out of it, it still plays beautifully.
question

Yamaha Pacifica + Cube 30 or Ibanez SA160 + Cube 30?
You won't regret choosing the Cube 30, I had that for my first amp and still use it on occasion, WONDERFUL for the price. Truly is. I cannot comment on the Yamaha as I haven't tried it.
How about a Fender HSS "Fat Strat" and one of the cubes. If you get the micro cube, i comes out to less than $600. $400 for the Fender and $125 for the Cube.
Quote by CedricL
So what did you choose? :P

i think ill go for a yamaha pacifica 112 and the cube 30x.
plus a bunch of crap, like the strap, cable blah blah
I own a Washburn WI64DL, its a very very solid guitar, especially for a beginner, the neck on it is slick and fast, the body is a bit fatter, but it still looks good. Its got a pretty decent sound, plus you can change the sound of the pickups from single coils to humbuckers and anywhere in between so you can work out your sound well.
ummm epiphone SG starter pack maybe? comes w/ an Epi valve junior....INSANT WIN!

or better yet, $300 for G-400 (awesome guitar) and $200 (somethin like that?) for the valve junior.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by qsceszxdwa
i think ill go for a yamaha pacifica 112 and the cube 30x.
plus a bunch of crap, like the strap, cable blah blah

Good choice
Quote by nota
The 112 is a very awesome guitar. I had to tighten the springs so that it wouldn't de-tune so easily, but other than that it works great for just about any style. I got mine a good 6-7 years ago and abused the hell out of it, it still plays beautifully.

I still have my first guitar..a used 112...Two pickups are JB welded in...one is tied in with a shoestring..Its missing all the knobs..its been spray painted...and this thing wont die!!!!It still plays like a charm...after all the hell its been through..one of the tuners squeaks..thats it..but it holds tune like a trap...lol...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by slash_rocks2005
ummm epiphone SG starter pack maybe? comes w/ an Epi valve junior....INSANT WIN!

or better yet, $300 for G-400 (awesome guitar) and $200 (somethin like that?) for the valve junior.

Except the Epiphone 310 SG in the starter pack is trash. The only SG that Epiphone has that holds some weight is the G-400.

For the TS, I would strongly advise a Standard Fender Fat Strat or an MIM (made in mexico) Strat cause those two are guitars you will most likely never replace. As the name suggests, they are quite the "standard" guitars - They're reliable, have good tone, and they look pretty sweet.

I have a Cube 30 - It's great for practicing and for some light gigging. Never fails me - Most people eventually become tube amp snobs (as tube amps have some awesome tone) but the price and reliability of solid states have their merits.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -