i tried the search bar and it didn't help, so here's this instead. i recently discovered this thing called a Tremol-No, and it apparently turns floating bridges into hardtails, single direction trems, or whatever rather easily and non-invasively. it does have some big name endorsements (Josh Rand of Stone Sour being one that comes to mind).

my question is, has anyone tried this thing out and liked it? i have an Ibanez with an Edge Pro II and i hate the tremolo, but i love the guitar and wouldn't want to replace it. any thoughts on this Tremol-No?

by the way, the website. http://www.tremol-no.com/

much appreciated.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
I have to say, that's the weirdest goddam guitar accessory that I"ve ever seen. What's the big deal with trems on UG lately? Is it really that annoying to have a bar there, if so, take it off. I mean the bridge isn't sensitive enough to be thrown down by resonable palm muting right?
Sorry I can't be of help to your question, but there seems to be a trend of Trem-hating, and I don't really get it.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Cradle of Filth uses them
Rusty Cooley does too
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by strat212
I have to say, that's the weirdest goddam guitar accessory that I"ve ever seen. What's the big deal with trems on UG lately? Is it really that annoying to have a bar there, if so, take it off. I mean the bridge isn't sensitive enough to be thrown down by resonable palm muting right?
Sorry I can't be of help to your question, but there seems to be a trend of Trem-hating, and I don't really get it.

wrong
it is

(well ,if you have floating trem anyways)
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
it's not the bar itself i have a problem with, it's the fact that i can't ever alternate tune, even to drop-d, without going into the back and adjusting the screws and all that ****, and it's really annoying. but, as i said, is it worth buying?
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
I have a guitar with a tremol-no. It works great. If you're looking to change tunings without the hassle, definitely buy it. It's fairly simple to install and the customer service is quick and helpful.
if you idea is to change between standard and drop-d with just a turn of a screw (as I know it's many people's idea)... it's not really like that.... you will always need some adjustments.
if you wanna use the tremolo bar, you gotta have the nut locked, otherwise it'll go out of tune. so, in practice you'll need to lock/unlock the nut screws (at least the one that locks the 6th string to change between standard and drop-d)

i think i'ts better to have another guitar with a fixed bridge, and having 2 guitars never killed anyone. just save a little bit more

if you just want to turn it into a fixed bridge it's OK, no problems at all. just keep the screw always tight, it may tend to get loose over time, but no big deal

WARNING: don't take all of your strings out at the same time like you do with a fixed bridge guitar. the system may not be strong enough to fight the tension of the tremolo springs, and you can damage something
Last edited by Tweak88 at May 2, 2008,
i have one with a gotoh trem. it's good, and works, but is more fiddly than the videos would suggest, and also my springs are pretty tight (allegedly gotohs are) so there isn't room for the deep-C which allows dive-only mode without limiting the amount of up-pull you can get.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by strat212

UGers want to have the bar there still because they think it looks cool but they don't want the trem to be active.
bahaha
Quote by Tweak88

i think i'ts better to have another guitar with a fixed bridge, and having 2 guitars never killed anyone. just save a little bit more

if you just want to turn it into a fixed bridge it's OK, no problems at all. just keep the screw always tight, it may tend to get loose over time, but no big deal

WARNING: don't take all of your strings out at the same time like you do with a fixed bridge guitar. the system may not be strong enough to fight the tension of the tremolo springs, and you can damage something

Got my second electric for said reason
now im looking to get a third, for alternate (Open G/ E etc.) Tunings
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
wrong
it is

(well ,if you have floating trem anyways)

yea, but c'mon, if you have a guitar with a floating trem, you wouldn't have bought it if you didn't wanna use the floating trem right? I mean, why are people buying guitars with trems if they don't like 'em? Floating rrems are pretty obvious, and they're not hard to avoid. LIke, strat trems don't go out of tune with hit with a palm mute, but I could see if the problem was with these, because these are MUCH more common.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Quote by TechnicolorType
UGers want to have the bar there still because they think it looks cool but they don't want the trem to be active.
bahaha

yea I think your're right. goddam UG'ers. Oh wait. I think technically I'm one of you people.. dam.

but I like trems

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Last edited by strat212 at May 9, 2008,
Quote by strat212
LIke, strat trems don't go out of tune with hit with a palm mute, but I could see if the problem was with these, because these are MUCH more common.

if you set up a strat trem to float, you can knock it out of tune by palm-muting too, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Tremol-no is made of win,

Though if you don't plan on switching between hardtail and free floating, a block of maple works just as well in my opinion. (despite the fact that people say the Tremol-no works better even for just locking it in place.)
Everyone saying the Tremol-no is stupid shouldn't even be talking.

First of all, there's A LOT of guitars that people love the sound of but just don't like the trem so they get it and put one of these in them rather than blocking off the trem perminantly and losing resale value, etc.

Either that, or they've bought a guitar that they really liked, but decided they don't need to do anything crazy on it and only want it to lower pitch, so they get one of these.

Or, they like the trem but also like to change tunings and only have one guitar. Again, another great thing as they can just put it in hard-tail mode, change tunings and they're gtg.

Or any combination of these
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

First of all, there's A LOT of guitars that people love the sound of but just don't like the trem so they get it and put one of these in them rather than blocking off the trem perminantly and losing resale value, etc.

Either that, or they've bought a guitar that they really liked, but decided they don't need to do anything crazy on it and only want it to lower pitch, so they get one of these.

Or, they like the trem but also like to change tunings and only have one guitar. Again, another great thing as they can just put it in hard-tail mode, change tunings and they're gtg.

+1
Quote by MatrixClaw

agreed. also, if you have a song to play where there's no need for a trem, you can just block the guitar (for that one song) in about 4 seconds, get an increase in sustain/tone and not have to worry about double-stop bends and palm-muting putting you out of tune.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you set up a strat trem to float, you can knock it out of tune by palm-muting too, surely?

YES most definitey, but I'm talking standard issue stuff really. Most people that have strats don't float 'em for that reason (along with others I'm sure) but then again, maybe more people that I"m aware of do it.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
It can be. it depends how you set it up.

You can make it "float", but traditionally it's floyd rose's that do the floating. Think that, when you think floating trems.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Quote by strat212
You can make it "float", but traditionally it's floyd rose's that do the floating.

True, but when Fender drew up his sketch of it, he drew it floating. The bridge wasn't originally thought up to work how it has become.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
True, but when Fender drew up his sketch of it, he drew it floating. The bridge wasn't originally thought up to work how it has become.

+1

Check out G&L if you wanna see a Fender Bridge done right...
Quote by strat212

Try changing from Standard E to Drop B without a Tremol-no
^ you'd probably want to switch strings to make that big of a jump, though. but yeah, changing from e to drop d, or e to e flat, is made much easier with a tremol-no.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea, it makes sense to have a floating strat trem I guess, but I don't know anyone who has that just because it's not convenient. As far as down tuning, who uses a strat to play downtuned stuff? just curious, because that would not be my choice at all. I know, if you only have one guitar, but if you only have one guitar, I don't think you'd be worried all that much about that strat going out of tune with down-tuning because you probably arentt playing in a band that does that, or you'd have a guitar for it! whew, that was exhausting. Anyway, do what you wanna do.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
Quote by strat212
As far as down tuning, who uses a strat to play downtuned stuff?

I use my Strat in D Standard and Drop C.

It actually has an excellent metal tone, but I play it lower mostly because tuning the strings up to Standard scares me
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i've had my strat with vintage trem in both 'float' and fixed positions, simply by tightening and loosening screws and adding or subtracing the Claw Springs.

;

Yea, this is the typical way to do it no? That's what I would do anyway, if I wanted the best results.

As far as playing metal through a strat, if it works for you, why would i argue?

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I think a block is the best way to go. Easy to put in and easy to remove.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yea simple, and it works.

Quote by Gee-tar-eist